Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Unstoppable Turbo Leak HELP

729 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  HankdaTank 
#1 ·
So this is my fourth time taking the turbo off and reinstalling it trying to get that "perfect" seal. It will be ok for a little bit then P0299, Turbo Farts, Backpressure sensor, etc etc. . . I tried closing the clamp v with vice grips a bit as it is a stout mo fo. That worked for a few days and now the leak is back. I tried copper gasket, that powderd and decorated my valley. I need professional help!!!!:mad:

#2 ·
Do not use the clamp to do anything, leave it off and around the turbo so you can see the flanges. Loosen the bottom nut on both exhaust manifolds and put a ratchet strap hook in the y of the collector. Hook the ratchet in by the pass headlight and tighten it down. Use your hand to feel around the flanges and see which way you need to go and push it that way. When its lined up you will know it there will be no gap, it will look perfect. The clamp just holds it in place it does not clamp it together.

#3 ·
:whs: Leave the manifold ends very loose, take off the down pipe and line up the collector and clamp it to the turbo. then assemble the other parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.