Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

White smoke mystery

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  losfinch 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 f250 last week I was driving a lease road when I noticed my brake pedal was hard as a rock with basically no brakes I pull over to check things out and I notice the truck is hazing a small amount of white smoke so I finish my work day the smoke clears up at highway speed but when I stop it looks like a smoke machine I get home check the motor oil I'm about half a quart low the brake fluid is also reading low I took the truck to the ford house they tell me I need a new vacuum pump and vacuum booster they split the down pipe under the truck they find oil in the exhaust so now I need a turbo also I tell them to go ahead and fix the brake issues they replaced the vacuum pump vacuum booster and master cylinder I go and pick the truck up to take it to a buddy for the turbo job but now the truck is no longer smoking

In short I'm wondering if anyone knows If its possible for the oil to becoming from the brake issues

The truck has minimal blow by and is deleted

Sorry for the long hard to read post I'm typing this at work trying to hurry.

I appreciate any comments or theories

See less See more
#2 ·
I would think maybe the oil might have been introduced from the CCV. There is an extended warranty on the CCV if you are under a certain mileage and have the associated DTC.

I doubt the oil was from the braking system as there should be no connection between them.

#3 ·
Hey. I am having the exact same problem with almost the same exact scenario. Since I have picked up the truck from having the vaccum line fixed for the brakes I have not seen a puff of white smoke. What was the outcome of the turbo for you, because I was told the same thing about maybe needing a new turbo. Thanks in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.