Oil recommendations - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Larrgh

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Oil recommendations

Have a 2011 F250 6.7 with 106,000 miles, needing to do my first oil change. I would consider my truck to fall under severe duty application due to mostly short distance trips to and from work. I will be pulling 11,000 pounds 2 to 3 times a month out of town, and I do live in Florida . My question is what brand of oil, weight, And should I run conventional, synthetic blend, or Full synthetic per my engine an application? And is there a better oil filter than Motorcraft? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 10:07 PM
PursuitInterceptor

Re: Oil recommendations

No full flow oil filter will be better than MC.

Motorcraft 10w30 is a synthetic blend. There's several options for 5w40 full synthetic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 12:03 PM
Master BS'er

Keep it simple, Just put in what the manufacturer recommends.

Synthetic or non....your choice. I wouldn't because damn dude, that stuff is expensive and diesels take a bunch of oil. Up to you.

Brother James

Ps...Im pretty frickin awesome!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 09:04 AM
PursuitInterceptor

Your 6.7L will use 10w30 (synthetic blend) as the recommended oil. 5w40 (full synthetic) is listed for choice under "extreme" use. For specific details the owner's manual covers the differences in vehicle use.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 09:29 AM
PSN Local

Heavy....Motorcraft does not make a synthetic blended oil for the diesel. The choice is either dino or synthetic.

https://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubrican...Motor%20Oil%5D
HeavyAssault likes this.

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 01:29 PM
Master BS'er

Synthetic blend basically has no meaning since there is no standard for what constitutes a "blend." It could be 5% 20%...could be anything.

I view synthetic blend and conventional as basically the same thing. There's also no standard for what additives constitutes "diesel oil." Pretty sure thats just a gimmick too.

Brother James

Ps...Im pretty frickin awesome!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 09:19 AM
PursuitInterceptor

I know Ford doesn't label it that way, but I'd say the "industry standard" for 10w30 IS to be a blend.

You dig.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in