Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

STAGE III HYBRIDS & BROKEN RODS

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  CSIPSD 
#1 ·
Need some advice im looking at injectors and heavily considering Hybrids due to "Not needing Dual or Larger HPOP" what is everyone's advice on this matter I looking at something in the 200-250 range. And who's stage III would you purchase. I do plan on getting a HPOP setup later but dont want to sacrifice my ability to use my truck till I can afford one. But the other question is are my rods in the danger zone with this set up if I do opt for these injectors. My current truck set up is listed in my signature thanks for your help.

#2 ·
It is a good debate..... Just keep the tuning reasonable and not over torque the hell out of the motor and you should be okay. You won't be in the "danger zone" but it is still a crap shoot.... I did a PMR truck with 238cc and 80% nozzles and just kept the torque down and was able to peak the power around 3000 rpms. Probably around 425 HP but still safe IMO.

#3 ·
Do you think that TN he has listed in his signature is going to like those hybrids?
I know mine hates it above 25psi.- 35psi.
Just has no more pull up there.

#5 ·
I was making over 40psi with my TN BB... with jodys tunes...

To the OP, keep the tuning sane and you should be fine. There is always a chance, even with billet rods something is going to happen. I ran hybrids and PMRs for about 25k with no issues.

#8 ·
If you're worried about rods leave it stock. If you're worried about rods and injectors, refer to the first sentence in my post.

If you have PMR's you're GREATLY increasing your risk once you do anything above stock injectors. No matter what.

Is it worth popping an engine and rodding a block? To me, no. To you it might be different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.