Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

powerpullers 2.6 class for northern IL and southern WI and maybe IN and KY

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  sideactiondiesel 
#1 ·
guys i need your input. For all u guys in the midwest such and WI IN IL IA area we are helping get a 2.6 class going and will be having a meeting this feb "will know more on Sunday " the meeting is for the guys that are interested in a nadm rules 2.6 class for powerpulllers. we need the support of the guys who will be interested in the class and having points and the option to be in a entry level class without the big cost of the bigger classes ,the economy is not good as u can feel but that is why we are going to make this class. as u all know badger trucks pullers of WI went to ODL trucks as did ISP . who here has the money to compete at that level right off the bat ? i know i don't :doh: so with that being said, there is alot of guys out there that are in the stands or in the pits that say man those trucks are cool and i wish i had the money to do that but its to much money to build one :( this makes the guys who have a street truck get in a class and try it out without the great expense of full motor builds and everything else .so this is the chance for the entry level street/puller to be in a class with trucks making 500-750 hp that can be affordable . i know guys u are thinking well thats not gonna compete with sheids 2.6 .....well maybe your right , but the point is "our area class" is why i am saying that if u guys are interested subscribe to this post and i will keep u up to date on all the info and when the meeting is Denny Thomas AKA powerpullers is the head of the organization , I will be in touch with him as much as possible to give u guys all the info u need and or questions to be answered "i will do the best i can" this could be a great season for a 2011 pulling class and think this is a good alternative to a more expensive 3.0 class or ODL class let me know if u guys are interested thanks so much i will let u know when and where the meeting will be held and we will go from here thanks guys look forward to hooking with u this season :) :psn:

See less See more
#5 ·
I pulled in badger,and im in the process of getting my truck put together now but i'll be pulling again this year. I may be interested in depending on your rules and where the events are going to be

#8 ·
If your thinking "maybe Indiana and Kentucky" then I reccommend looking at the ITPA and BOB rules for the 2.6 class - they are working to match the rules with the COTPC (my area in Ohio) for on of the largest areas covered for the 2.6 crowd. I think the rules are just a bit more restrictive in areas than the NADM - so you could use them - and still go pull in the NADM. I haven't eyed the entire rule list and compared them all - so I may have been told wrong. But its a good place to start.

#12 ·
It'd be nice if there was a standard set of rules nation wide for different classes like 2.6, 3.0, and work stock. It would make things so much easier for setting up a truck

#16 ·
thanks we are excited to have the opportunity to show ppl that the work stock class has been bad for 4 years now and that something needed to change :) this lets us show ppl that we have respect for the sport and want this to stay that we want to show the ppl a good show and that the 2.6 class is just as fun as watching the big class :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.