Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Rear window replacement

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  cowboy_dan 
#1 ·
Okay guys, I never use my sliding rear window & since I mounted up the stacks the rattle is driving me nuts. I've used about half a tube of silicone & that solved the problem for about a week before that started to rattle loose. So my buddy has a one piece rear window that he'll trade. I'm just wondering what I'll need to do the swap? Do I need to go to the dealer & get a new seal? Any help would be great!

#2 ·
You should be able to reuse the same rubber around the window. Just be careful when you take the one piece one out. I started at a corrner and mine just poped out after that. As far as installing it it is easier for two people but one can do it. There is a trick with string but if you have never seen it it is hard to tell you how to do it. It does take a little practice. Just go easy and it should be no trouble.

Jim

#4 ·
Taking the window out is prettty straight forward. Putting it back in is pretty easy too. Lube up the rubber seal, weave a piece of clothesline in the groove of the rubber seal, have someone hold the window to the cab, pull the clothesline from the inside and the lip of the seal will fold over onto the inside.
Hope I explained that well...it's easier to do than explain it LOL

#5 ·
Well it's in now, pics up tomorrow. It wasn't too bad, atleast now I don't have to deal with that rattle anymore. Another thing that bothered me was because it was a 2 piece slider, everytime I looked in my rear view mirror I'd see this big post in the middle of my window. I drove around tonight & no rattle. The stacks seem louder, not that that bothers me too much though.;)
Overall I'd say it was worth it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.