Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Lost another member

16K views 104 replies 20 participants last post by  1970something 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
@Mr_Andy, rest in peace brother. You made us better.
Last week Andy passed away. His girlfriend let a few of us know today, as she has had her hands full i'm sure. The family has not disclosed any details, but I wanted to let yall know. I'll post up some pictures presently...

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
For anybody who didn't know him, he was a hard working, always learning, risk taking, weight lifting, gunsmithing, pipe fitting, fun loving veteran from Pennsylvania who loved his country. We could all go on and on about his qualities :)

#12 ·
Below is a quote from Andy, one of my favorites.

Sept 8, 2019

I just want your grandkid to be able to open the front door and shoot a deer, to exercise his right to remain silent, to bear arms, to travel freely across our great nation without need for visas or papers, on and on. <br />
<br />
Three percenter? I'm an 0.01 percenter.

Well said Andy. You will be missed. Our thoughts and prayers for your family.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

#23 ·
Andy quoted scripture to a couple of us one time, John 15:13 (i had to google it again lol). Paraphrasing, but:

"There is no greater love than for a man to lay down his life for another".

I'm pretty sure he was as astonished by this passage as I am, otherwise he wouldn't have brought it up - and I'm certain that he understood it better than me.

#25 ·
Andy was a rare breed.

A true shepherd protecting his flock, looking out for them. He loved his country and guarded it constantly. Not expecting gratitude or even acknowledgement. Without people like him, this would be a very different place. And with him, it was a very different place too. He brightened the mood and lifted spirits.

An all around giving individual, I only hope I can make him proud in some small way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.