Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

I Have a Fungus

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  AshleyHann 
#1 ·
So I have discovered a Fungus type substance living in my fuel tanks. ( On the big truck, thankfully not the powerstroke.) It is grey in color, and feels like the stuff that grows on the bottom of a livestock water tank. Even looks like it, just grey. It seems to cling to any water under the fuel, and just stays in the bottom of the tanks. I've drained and cleaned them out, sucked the water off the bottom, tried Diesel Kleen, tried Howes, it just keeps coming back. I've heard of biocide, but never found any.

Any and all ideas welcome. Thanks guys!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I ordered some of the power service, thanks Bugman! Good gravy it's pricey, $217.00 for a gallon. ( I just ordered a couple little bottles.) And a case of fuel filters.

Has anybody ever heard of this stuff? A friend gave me this little bottle years ago. Says it removes water, thinking about trying it to keep the water out in the future/ post fungus removal.

#8 ·
Ok, it's been a while, but time to check this one off the list as a success.

The Power Service Bio Kleen worked great, gave the tanks the shock treatment, then a maintenance dose for 4 fills thereafter.

On the last fill with a maintenance treatment, I also added Power Service Clear Diesel, which is recommended for use with the Bio Kleen.

Success, it's been almost 2 months now, no more algae, no more water in fuel. Thanks guys.

#12 ·
I pay $33 a gallon from Dow. We buy it in 275 gallon totes....$9k. Then we sell it...so by the time it reaches to the publix it is $217 a gallon....we need to get more of that markup!

#18 ·
I bounced around the search function trying 'foam dpf cleaner' and a couple other variations but struck out. I hope someone remembers what it was, their promo video showed a truck getting it's douching and like I said it looked just like foamy grey soft serve ice cream or whipped cream gushing out the stack and onto the ground. It required taking some components off and temporarily installing whatever tee fittings are needed to introduce the 'substance' but it just seemed so....wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.