Diet & Exercise! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1422 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

Diet & Exercise!

Morning! I'm just curious about people's daily food intake & exercise routines. I'll start!

this was yesterday's intake (attached pic). a bit low on Calories/Protein, but that's alright. today i'm eating doughnuts and the larger packet of salmon to make up for it

I do the typical "day 1 pull, day 2 push, day 3 legs, repeat, rest" every week.

yesterday was push day:
i do a lot of rhomboid & lat stuff, partly to make up for the fact i can no longer do shrugs & some other things cause of a disk in my neck (pretty sure it's ruptured by now)
towards the end of the workout i have a pretty good time with dumbbell curls. still doesn't hurt to do them at lest lol

today imma get me some awesome dumbbell incline in, tricep pulldowns, and some reg bench if the ol' AC joint stays at bay! who knows what else i'll be doing... usually a long warmup & cooldown is part of every day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nutrition.jpg (13.8 KB, 53 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1422 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

Re: Diet & Exercise!

today i'm scheduled to hit about 2900 cal & about 120g protein!!! i'm regretting the doughnuts already lol

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
post #3 of 1422 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 05:43 PM
Professional American, guarding our constitution. Gone, but not forgotten.

I had AC decompression on both sides, the right side was one of the best decisions in elective surgery I could have ever made. The left side probably the worst decision.

I eat like a garbage truck. A few months ago 'her' suggested I keep track of one day's intake and it was embarrassing to look at. Something like 5kcal+, 200g of fat, 7 or 8 grams of sodium, 1 or 2g cholesterol, but on the bright side the protein is thru the roof. I keep my cholesterol in check with statins and blood pressure with AI inhibitors/beta blockers.

I lift at home so whenever I'm home I'm at it as much as I can be. I'll take 5 mins and smash 3 completely isolated groups (like squat, shrug, triceps) and go back to whatever I was doing for a bit then come back and hit 3 more groups that don't compliment each other in any way. I see too many Jersey Shore types that have arms and a pigeon chest and nothing more. I don't want to look like that. I just can't devote a one or two hour block to going to a gym and dealing with oxygen thieves the entire time and sitting on infectious sweat covered equipment so I do my best at home.

post #4 of 1422 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

what went good/bad with the shoulders, if you don't mind sharing?

& you bring up a great point that i was hoping would be brought up! I have a blood pressure & cholesterol prob. been eating ric & beans to keep up the protein & fiber hoping to limit my overall fat intake. i look for low sugar - low cholesterol protein poweder too for that reason

& i agree, i want a back that shows everyone 'i earned it' lol

& i agree, i hate going to gyms where people jerk off & waste my time!!!!!!!!! lol that's why i started the thread a while back over building my own weight system in my garage

post #5 of 1422 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

ok yeah the bonus on eating the rice & beans most every day (for me personally at least) is really awesome poops and the ability to crop-dust anyone at anytime in the afternoons lol

post #6 of 1422 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 06:54 PM

Niacin (Vit B3) is a natural cholesterol killer. Well, it helps your liver kill it but you get my point. Be careful starting it out if you do, you get flushed from it and will feel and look like you were in the sun all day

The impingement I thought I was suffering thru is gone now, until I put weight on that shoulder. Then I feel fire and gotta suffer thru it. So if you're feeling 'catching' as the ligament snags the growth at that joint, you're fluipping a coin getting the procedure done. I'm 1 for 2 on making the situation 'better' so... The jackass that did my surgery actually told me straight up that his work is not intended to give people the ability to lift 500lbs, just relieve pain from their everyday life. I wanted to choke him. I had the problem all the time, lifting a gallon of milk to drink out of or putting a dish on a high shelf I'd get that 'twang' of impingement. Now post-op I don't have the problem at all in either shoulder doing either of those two milk/dish examples, but the first Arnold dumbbel press of my routine I do is with a 25 or other light weight and it sounds something like the sound made when Dad drunkenly ripped one of the thigh bones off the Thanksgiving turkey.
post #7 of 1422 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

lol i have to warm up really light or i'll get a nasty sound in there too, i doubt its as loud as yours tho. how long it take to recover?

post #8 of 1422 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 07:42 PM

The good one was done in January and I was carrying groceries with that arm two days later. The bad one was June 30 and I consider myself anything but fully recovered. Recovery to normal everyday stuff like closing a car door or using a fork is minimal. Start putting force or a load on it and you're in another country. My good side let me start hitting the iron again right around a month with only minimal pain when I would push weight that even I knew was abusing the privilege I was getting doing anything at all...
post #9 of 1422 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

what kept me from getting my left shoulder done was that i managed to get it back with exercise n such. now my right one is the limiter. some days both suck.

what protein source do you use? i'm gonna start doing routine rotations between eggs, chicken, turkey, and fish (in addition to my rice/beans, protein bars, and protein shakes).

planning on smoking a turkey after t-giving & then finishing out my old food stores in the freezer & back of the pantry. hopefully I'll cycle it all by Jan 01, and then imma restock lol! we'll see just how realisticly my 'last resort' food will sustain us

post #10 of 1422 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 08:32 PM

Whey isolate granules I sprinkle on or mix in everything I eat. They're pretty much tasteless so it changes nothing in the food it's stowed away in. Goes along with the Knox gelatin I sprinkle in my morning drink for other joints.

If you use any of the mass produced regular whey protein, check the cholesterol. You might be surprised.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode