Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Diet & Exercise!

100K views 1K replies 36 participants last post by  Turd-250 
#1 ·
Morning! I'm just curious about people's daily food intake & exercise routines. I'll start!

this was yesterday's intake (attached pic). a bit low on Calories/Protein, but that's alright. today i'm eating doughnuts and the larger packet of salmon to make up for it ;)

I do the typical "day 1 pull, day 2 push, day 3 legs, repeat, rest" every week.

yesterday was push day:
i do a lot of rhomboid & lat stuff, partly to make up for the fact i can no longer do shrugs & some other things cause of a disk in my neck (pretty sure it's ruptured by now)
towards the end of the workout i have a pretty good time with dumbbell curls. still doesn't hurt to do them at lest lol

today imma get me some awesome dumbbell incline in, tricep pulldowns, and some reg bench if the ol' AC joint stays at bay! who knows what else i'll be doing... usually a long warmup & cooldown is part of every day

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I had AC decompression on both sides, the right side was one of the best decisions in elective surgery I could have ever made. The left side probably the worst decision.

I eat like a garbage truck. A few months ago 'her' suggested I keep track of one day's intake and it was embarrassing to look at. Something like 5kcal+, 200g of fat, 7 or 8 grams of sodium, 1 or 2g cholesterol, but on the bright side the protein is thru the roof. :doh: I keep my cholesterol in check with statins and blood pressure with AI inhibitors/beta blockers.

I lift at home so whenever I'm home I'm at it as much as I can be. I'll take 5 mins and smash 3 completely isolated groups (like squat, shrug, triceps) and go back to whatever I was doing for a bit then come back and hit 3 more groups that don't compliment each other in any way. I see too many Jersey Shore types that have arms and a pigeon chest and nothing more. I don't want to look like that. I just can't devote a one or two hour block to going to a gym and dealing with oxygen thieves the entire time and sitting on infectious sweat covered equipment so I do my best at home.

#4 ·
what went good/bad with the shoulders, if you don't mind sharing?

& you bring up a great point that i was hoping would be brought up! I have a blood pressure & cholesterol prob. been eating ric & beans to keep up the protein & fiber hoping to limit my overall fat intake. i look for low sugar - low cholesterol protein poweder too for that reason

& i agree, i want a back that shows everyone 'i earned it' lol

& i agree, i hate going to gyms where people jerk off & waste my time!!!!!!!!! lol that's why i started the thread a while back over building my own weight system in my garage :cool:

#6 ·
Niacin (Vit B3) is a natural cholesterol killer. Well, it helps your liver kill it but you get my point. Be careful starting it out if you do, you get flushed from it and will feel and look like you were in the sun all day

The impingement I thought I was suffering thru is gone now, until I put weight on that shoulder. Then I feel fire and gotta suffer thru it. So if you're feeling 'catching' as the ligament snags the growth at that joint, you're fluipping a coin getting the procedure done. I'm 1 for 2 on making the situation 'better' so... The jackass that did my surgery actually told me straight up that his work is not intended to give people the ability to lift 500lbs, just relieve pain from their everyday life. I wanted to choke him. I had the problem all the time, lifting a gallon of milk to drink out of or putting a dish on a high shelf I'd get that 'twang' of impingement. Now post-op I don't have the problem at all in either shoulder doing either of those two milk/dish examples, but the first Arnold dumbbel press of my routine I do is with a 25 or other light weight and it sounds something like the sound made when Dad drunkenly ripped one of the thigh bones off the Thanksgiving turkey.

#8 ·
The good one was done in January and I was carrying groceries with that arm two days later. The bad one was June 30 and I consider myself anything but fully recovered. Recovery to normal everyday stuff like closing a car door or using a fork is minimal. Start putting force or a load on it and you're in another country. My good side let me start hitting the iron again right around a month with only minimal pain when I would push weight that even I knew was abusing the privilege I was getting doing anything at all...

#9 ·
what kept me from getting my left shoulder done was that i managed to get it back with exercise n such. now my right one is the limiter. some days both suck.

what protein source do you use? i'm gonna start doing routine rotations between eggs, chicken, turkey, and fish (in addition to my rice/beans, protein bars, and protein shakes).

planning on smoking a turkey after t-giving & then finishing out my old food stores in the freezer & back of the pantry. hopefully I'll cycle it all by Jan 01, and then imma restock lol! we'll see just how realisticly my 'last resort' food will sustain us :D

#10 ·
Whey isolate granules I sprinkle on or mix in everything I eat. They're pretty much tasteless so it changes nothing in the food it's stowed away in. Goes along with the Knox gelatin I sprinkle in my morning drink for other joints.

If you use any of the mass produced regular whey protein, check the cholesterol. You might be surprised.

#14 ·
i know! it's insane! i went to isopure for that reason. what brand/where you get your isolate granules?
would you two get a chat room

LOL
who let this guy in here?!?! :eek: :D
Morning gents
I recently read a great article in Men's Health I believe and changed up my workouts completely. It consists of 4-5 days a week with at least 1 day off of weights in between lifting days. It's 3 lifting days a week consisting of the following.
Legs back and biceps 1 day chest shoulders and triceps the other day.
I do 3 exercises per body part 3 sets by 10-25 reps depending on the week. So every other week I hit one body part twice doing one heavier day and one lighter day. It's worked really well especially as I get older and don't have any reason to powerlifting like I did when I played football. Body feels a lot better, does get torn down as much, the blood gets flowing better and I don't gets those sore days where I am walking like a idiot when I over due a muscle like leg days. They reccomend this for med between 35-50 for the best results of burning calories and keeping on muscle.
Turd diet diet diet is everything can't over consume calories or the beloved whiskey lol. I went in for my routine check up yesterday and was healthy as a OX, been really enjoying and liking this workout. I will typically do at least 1 or two other days either at the gym or outside whether it be a pool workout followed by sauna, hitting the bag in the garage, a HIIT workout in or outside the gym or go for a run just to get the blood flowing for the day.

Also biggest thing to remember depending on your goal is to keep your heart rate up and get through your workout quickly to burn calories and fat!
i love hard hot sweaty workouts i don't care what lift i'm doing! i wish i has a sauna!!!!! what's your diet like???

#12 ·
Morning gents
I recently read a great article in Men's Health I believe and changed up my workouts completely. It consists of 4-5 days a week with at least 1 day off of weights in between lifting days. It's 3 lifting days a week consisting of the following.
Legs back and biceps 1 day chest shoulders and triceps the other day.
I do 3 exercises per body part 3 sets by 10-25 reps depending on the week. So every other week I hit one body part twice doing one heavier day and one lighter day. It's worked really well especially as I get older and don't have any reason to powerlifting like I did when I played football. Body feels a lot better, does get torn down as much, the blood gets flowing better and I don't gets those sore days where I am walking like a idiot when I over due a muscle like leg days. They reccomend this for med between 35-50 for the best results of burning calories and keeping on muscle.
Turd diet diet diet is everything can't over consume calories or the beloved whiskey lol. I went in for my routine check up yesterday and was healthy as a OX, been really enjoying and liking this workout. I will typically do at least 1 or two other days either at the gym or outside whether it be a pool workout followed by sauna, hitting the bag in the garage, a HIIT workout in or outside the gym or go for a run just to get the blood flowing for the day.

Also biggest thing to remember depending on your goal is to keep your heart rate up and get through your workout quickly to burn calories and fat!

#17 ·
Yeah, clen, along with ephedrine, and all the other things that actually work are illegal now. Darn. They want you to go buy lots of creatine and cramp up.

The USP isolate (flavorless granules) I get from whatever lowest bidder online pharmacy wins the day's purchase. I have a couple jugs of different flavors from different labels too, Wally World has the Body something line and they have an isolate for like $20/lb as well as a cheaper one with about a quarter gram of cholesterol per serving.

#26 ·
The USP isolate (flavorless granules) I get from whatever lowest bidder online pharmacy wins the day's purchase. I have a couple jugs of different flavors from different labels too, Wally World has the Body something line and they have an isolate for like $20/lb as well as a cheaper one with about a quarter gram of cholesterol per serving.
i can't find the granues anywhere!!! i keep getting reseach docs & flavored whey powders when i google it lol! link???

#21 ·
Clenbuterol was originally used as a bronchodilator much like albuterol (Ventolin) in fast acting inhalers, only clen is usually in tablet form. If you huff enough inhaler, you'll spike your core temp as a side effect. The albuterol in your inhaler is just clen's weak sister. This thermogenic effect is what attracts bodybuilding types.

If you really want to shake your head at the extremes people go to for weight loss, google DNP / dinitrophenol. It's intended use is as an insecticide and it works via thermogenic 'overload' in the insect / person. You cook from the inside.

#19 ·
Ephedrine was the best except it made my heart want to pop,out of my chest LOL. I remember my buddy I played football with would take the mini thins you get from the gas station before football games and at halftime and he looked like Lawrence Taylor out on the field all cracked out running all over the place at linebacker.

#20 ·
On the topic of diet, I just ate breakfast and it consisted of 6 eggs (dippy), half a package of bacon, 4 slices toast (2 wheat / 2 rye), 1 garlic bagel w/ 1/4 bar Philly cream cheese, 3 pints raw milk, butter on everything and now I'm looking for 'her' with an illegal smile...

#23 ·
excellent!
Clenbuterol was originally used as a bronchodilator much like albuterol (Ventolin) in fast acting inhalers, only clen is usually in tablet form. If you huff enough inhaler, you'll spike your core temp as a side effect. The albuterol in your inhaler is just clen's weak sister. This thermogenic effect is what attracts bodybuilding types.

If you really want to shake your head at the extremes people go to for weight loss, google DNP / dinitrophenol. It's intended use is as an insecticide and it works via thermogenic 'overload' in the insect / person. You cook from the inside.
my goodness! i'm warm natured as it is, it would prolly kill me!

#24 ·
If you have a high metabloism to begin with, you should be on the lean side already, no? I hate it, would much rather have my mass plus about 50lbs of blubber distributed proportionately... Mid-teen % body fat is where I always will be and always have been.

#27 ·
#29 ·
One of my favorites ( ~3x a day ) is a pack of Ramen noodles, about a quarter cup of salad dressing (Italian for beef, creamy ranch for chicken), a heavy shot of RedHot and 50-60g of of that powder. One 'serving' actually makes me feel full for a little bit.

Those Eggbeaters are rough...

#30 ·
lol the wife mixed the eggwhites in a fruit smoothie this morning. frothed up all nasty, but was doable haha!

theatramen recipe sounds pretty good too! i'm starting to bring all my supps & foods to work & everyone here thinks im crazy, idky cuz i'm just about the biggest one here. can't wait til i get a bigass tub of the unflavored whey lol!

#32 ·
i'm starting to bring all my supps & foods to work & everyone here thinks im crazy, idky cuz i'm just about the biggest one here.
I just start twitching my head and tell them all my mother says I'm the best French kisser in the family and inquire whether they'd like to become an in-law.

That 10lb NOW protein comes in a bag, and it's about the cheapest bag China could produce so get yourself a couple big containers (I use pitchers) to repackage it.

#31 ·
This hasn't really been mentioned other than what I said about being shocked if you looked at the cholesterol in the whey protein flavors... Look around that label a little more and it'll really make some people go hmmm... Sugars, fats, sodium... People are drinking this junk to get in shape or 'healthily' replace a meal yet they don't realize that the fake cookies and cream or dutch chocolate flavor they're tasting is all from bad schitt. Tons of sugar. I don't mind it but for those who count every calorie and stress over gaining a pound those drinks are a double edged sword - many times totally unrealized.

#33 ·
no doubt! i got frustrated a long time ago because i couldn't find protein supps with less than 7 or 8 calories per gram of product. iirc there's only 4 calories per gram of pure protein. wft!?!?! 100 cal/25g scoop of pure protein vs 200+cal/25g scoop of any flavored protein powder up until the last decade it seems...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.