wap? - Page 2 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 02:32 AM
Harry Callahan

Re: wap?

im blaming the phone because fact that some of you can't see very well and the fone is hard to tipe on to makum letters n numberals all come together for sentinces
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 03:33 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I can see the full site just fine on my EVO, I just like the slimmed down version of mobile on some sites.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 03:14 AM
PSN Local

Send a message via AIM to Pdt1081

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrpowr View Post
we've thought about it, what phones dont display the site as it is?
Worst thing for me is trying to select specific page numbers in multi page threads. I don't know if a mobile version will fix that.

I have a Motorola i1 (Nextel's Droid) using Opera Mini browser.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 03:32 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrpowr View Post
we've thought about it, what phones dont display the site as it is?
Can't say all that don't, But those that don't display as it is either display "skinless" with no signatures, some no avatar, limited photos, or no photos just the text. Or like BFT's blackberry--very tiny. (Makes you think why update my site, banner or logos ). Or like BFT's it took max memory and was still too tiny for banners etc.

There is a new blackberry out now... The I phone does work great! Probably some of the newer higher end phones do also.

~
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Mobile version kinda cuts the crap out.
No sigs, banners, avatars (or smaller ones), pics (you have click on them) and it slims down the main menu to just "areas" with the sub forums after that
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 01:28 AM
PSN Veteran

psn works fine on my bb curve so I dont know what you people are complaining about.

02 f250
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 05:15 PM
PSN Local

I think eventually the majority of phones will display the site as it is.

Right now some of it is what internet is available in some areas. If equipment and towers can't handle the bandwidth, they will have to be updated to work as well as other areas. Some areas only offer phones with text and limited access service. Those phones or subscribers can't surf the entire web.

Other areas offer both, limited or full access. You get what you pay for there.

Testing a touch screen black berry, it would connect to the net right away. The salesperson couldn't get the key pad black berry on after 4 tries. On # 5 it connected. Same bandwidth available, newer B.B. needs less or has better reception. Keypad type is too small and hard to navigate for many.

If you have keypad problems like sniperonhigh described, You could try using the eraser end of a pencil to type. Seems thats what size finger tips some keypads are made for.

The phones for seeing the site easily exactly as it is are available now. The updated infrastructure just isn't in place everywhere it's needed for them to work.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 08:06 PM
dinnerbooter treasurer

I have an LG tritan through US Cellular and I have no problems displaying the page and making posts on the site. The one thing I looked for when I got a phone was that it had a full web browser in it. I had a HTC touch diamond through sprint prior to this and had no problems viewing the site with that either.

93 F350 Gasser
03 F250 6.0

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dinnerbooter #3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode