Multiple Users from the same IP? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Multiple Users from the same IP?

Just wondering if The Nation checks for multiple users coming from the same IP.

Feel free to tell me it is none of my business.

'97 SCLB 4x4, 3.55, D60 w/ TrueTrac, 6637, Banks Techni-cooler, BTS Trans, Tru-Cool 4921 Trans Cooler, 1.0 exhaust housing, no ebv, 3" DP, Straight Exhaust, E-Fuel, TW tunes, International WP, 203*, Isspro Gauges
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 08:50 PM
FNG

Re: Multiple Users from the same IP?

Yeah Im sure they do but in some cases its not as easy to discern if its a fake account.

Some providers issue the same IP to multiple accounts. AOL and the US Military come to mind.

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 03:25 AM
All done now

Just for an example, I log in here from multiple places. At work, to the outside world me and my boss and the girl downstairs and the president of the company all have the same IP. If I log in from my laptop in a Home Depot parking lot, and the guy three slots over in a lifted 95 SD logs in, we both have the same IP to PSN.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 04:02 AM
Who is Obama?

Send a message via AIM to razorscs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisley View Post
Just for an example, I log in here from multiple places. At work, to the outside world me and my boss and the girl downstairs and the president of the company all have the same IP. If I log in from my laptop in a Home Depot parking lot, and the guy three slots over in a lifted 95 SD logs in, we both have the same IP to PSN.
You go to Home Depot to get online? Hick.

SOLD 2002 F350

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SOLD2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII

NEW 2004 F250 CCSB 4" Lift on 35" Road Venture AT KL78, Matt's tunes, Turbo Back Exhaust, River City 62mm Non-Vgt Turbo.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 04:48 AM
All done now

They have free WiFi there. Was driving to Lubbuck, a store called me, they were having issues. I saw a HD sign. Said I would call them back. Got in the parking lot, fired up the laptop, connected to the HD network. VPN'd into my work network. Logged onto the messed up computer. and fixed it. HD rocks.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 07:56 AM
Who is Obama?

Send a message via AIM to razorscs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisley View Post
They have free WiFi there. Was driving to Lubbuck, a store called me, they were having issues. I saw a HD sign. Said I would call them back. Got in the parking lot, fired up the laptop, connected to the HD network. VPN'd into my work network. Logged onto the messed up computer. and fixed it. HD rocks.
Ok fair enough, honestly I'm obliged to you for the heads up that they have WiFi there. So thank you sir

SOLD 2002 F350

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SOLD2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII

NEW 2004 F250 CCSB 4" Lift on 35" Road Venture AT KL78, Matt's tunes, Turbo Back Exhaust, River City 62mm Non-Vgt Turbo.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 08:20 AM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to joebob3093

some business use the same IP and multiple computers. as well as schools, WyoTech comes to mind, as the whole school got banned a couple years back.

{95 F250 Powerstroke XLT} 5 spd, injectors by Farmers Diesel, tunes by tyrant diesel, AFE stage 2 intake, custom intercooler, 3" down pipe to custom 5in stack. EBPV break, custom electric fuel system, IDM mod by mattymx, CCV mod, D60 with F-Superduty springs, diprocol EGT, Boost and Fuel PSI guages.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 01:30 PM
All done now

All businesses have the same IP adress. Each internet line coming in the building has an IP address. The router assigns internal IP addresses. Once information leave the building going back into the worls, it is seen as the business IP.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 10:24 PM
PSN Local

It's common to any network user of computers. Like Home depot, hotels, schools, organizations and businesses.
Some businesses have the same IP in multiple locations nation wide. If they have an internal network of computers for in house data, Only one needs to be internet enabled.
That one computer with internet access can allow remote access for another computer to use the internet from an entirely different state.

IP or ISP online locator's are probably less than 30% accurate. What those are suppose to locate is The internet service provider not an individual person browsing the internet anyway....

Several internet providers use dynamic IP addressing that shares the same IP among many users like the router described earlier. Many mobile devices do also. We know a wireless net user in N.Y. that IP locator's think is always in Kansas.

Others like high speed cable providers that are in multiple states will have a block of IP addresses assigned to them initially at their corporate head quarters location. Some are always assigned to their customers in other states.

~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode