Pics In Classified Section - Page 2 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Lovin the Tuna

Re: Pics In Classified Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
wanna see a classifieds section on a forum that actually has some traffic... check out the classifieds on caraudio.com You will get bumped off page 1 within an hour or so, not uncommon to have 5 page for sale threads.

I don't think the mods should have to approve each post, but I think sellers should be including pics, otherwise they are kinda wasting their time until someone asks for pics to be posted up.

I do think a classifieds feedback sub-forum would be nice though, simply a place where people can post their positive or negative feedback of a transaction with a person that is easily searchable for others before they go ahead and make a transaction with someone. Usually put the persons user name in the title, and somewhere in the post so that it shows up easily under a search of that subforum. Again just kinda stealing this idea from the caraudio.com forums
I agree with the feedback part, lots of other forums are starting that. As for the pics, I think its common sense to post them up. People usually know to, if they dont then its the sellers problem as I think most will choose not to buy without pics...

2001 F250
2000 F250
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 04:22 PM
6Leaker

Send a message via AIM to jdc753

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSmokey View Post
I agree with the feedback part, lots of other forums are starting that. As for the pics, I think its common sense to post them up. People usually know to, if they dont then its the sellers problem as I think most will choose not to buy without pics...
Totally

I gotta correct myself on somethings (its been a while since I visited that other site) They are using iTrader now, which I think a lot of forums use. I have no experience with how it works though

Another tactic that I feel is good practice (and was a standard policy on the audio sites) is to make sure you get a picture from the seller that has written on a sheet of paper somewhere in the pic the sellers username and today's date. This is a simple way to prove that the seller does indeed have the item and is not just stealing the pic of the item from an ebay ad or craigslist ad, or maybe even someone elses photobucket account. Say they are selling an SCT or ARP studs or something really common, wouldn't be hard to snag a pic from anywhere on the web and post it up as your own.

Not something I say we need on here but just a tip to buyers who might be a little leary.

2005 F350 Crew Cab Long bed
6.0L / Auto 4x4
SCT X3 5" Magnaflow
4" RCD lift, a bunch of stereo gear and a computer
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
USAF Machinist

Send a message via Skype™ to Blue2002

Granted I don't know what all the Site Mods do behind the scenes for the site. But just from an observation standpoint, I don't think it would be that hard to filter the higher profile classifieds sections (Vehicles, Engine and Drivetrain, Performance Parts, and Wheels and Tires) as there aren't 100's of new threads per day. Just a quick glance over the basic content (IE: Location, Price, Pics) and it gets approved. The rest is up to the seller. As stated before, this is just a suggestion. Hence the reason it is in this section. Shoot I'd even Mod it myself if I was given the rights, I'm on here every day as it is (being stationed in Korea gets very boring).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode