Non Powerstroke powered projects - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Non Powerstroke powered projects

I know this is a powerstroke site but what about a place to discuss other automotive projects? I am building a 1956 Buick Special 2 door hardtop and I would love to get some feedback and info from members on this site. There is a lot of great knowledge on here about stuff I`d love to get some info on that doesn`t really fit into other categories.

Matt

E99 F350 ECSB SRW 4x4 ZF6 3.73 Adrenaline HPOP, chip, tymar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 06:26 PM
HRT Performance

Re: Non Powerstroke powered projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtack View Post
I know this is a powerstroke site but what about a place to discuss other automotive projects? I am building a 1956 Buick Special 2 door hardtop and I would love to get some feedback and info from members on this site. There is a lot of great knowledge on here about stuff I`d love to get some info on that doesn`t really fit into other categories.
Cool project - I would love to see some pics and some info about it.

I've almost got everything together to build my 1953 1/2 ton Dodge pickup the way I want to. I'm planning on keeping it looking very old school, but function like a modern vehicle. The flatty is staying under the hood (well not that exact engine, but one that looks almost identical plus a few "extras").

2006 Dmax MPI compounds
2015 VW Jetta TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 06:30 PM
All done now

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodTractor View Post
Cool project - I would love to see some pics and some info about it.

I've almost got everything together to build my 1953 1/2 ton Dodge pickup the way I want to. I'm planning on keeping it looking very old school, but function like a modern vehicle. The flatty is staying under the hood (well not that exact engine, but one that looks almost identical plus a few "extras").
Flat 6. With a split Fenton intake and duel downdraft carbs?

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 08:28 PM
HRT Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisley View Post
Flat 6. With a split Fenton intake and duel downdraft carbs?
Yes sir its a flat six - taking out the Plymouth 218 (23" motor) and installing a big boy Chrysler 265 (25" motor) industrial engine that I snagged out of a low hour Oliver combine. Mating it to a T5 tranny out of a Camaro with an S10 tailhousing. It will be sporting a custom made set of SS headers and tripple Stromberg 81 carbs set up with progressive linkage. I'm modifying an very tunable aftermarket HEI dizzy to work in the old beast. Add in a undetermined cam and factory "Spitfire" head and some dress up BS and she should be one nice cruiser with a nice unique factor. The body and drivetrain will all be mounted on a 1998 Dakota chassis that I need to shorten and convert the lug pattern over to something useful - independant front suspension, rack and pinion steering, four wheel disc brakes, etc...

Sounds like you might know a little about these engines as well. I bought mine when I was 15 years old and drove it back and forth to high school quite a bit. I've wanted to hot rod that thing out for 13 years and its time to get it running again and enjoy her more than sitting in the barn since 2001.

2006 Dmax MPI compounds
2015 VW Jetta TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 08:36 PM
PSN Local

Thanks for the trip down nostalgia lane with all you guys! I haven't heard that car/engine kinda stuff for far too long! My flat six was my first auto...a 1949 Ford F1...lots of stories with that truck...

Tim
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 09:09 PM
All done now

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodTractor View Post
Yes sir its a flat six - taking out the Plymouth 218 (23" motor) and installing a big boy Chrysler 265 (25" motor) industrial engine that I snagged out of a low hour Oliver combine. Mating it to a T5 tranny out of a Camaro with an S10 tailhousing. It will be sporting a custom made set of SS headers and tripple Stromberg 81 carbs set up with progressive linkage. I'm modifying an very tunable aftermarket HEI dizzy to work in the old beast. Add in a undetermined cam and factory "Spitfire" head and some dress up BS and she should be one nice cruiser with a nice unique factor. The body and drivetrain will all be mounted on a 1998 Dakota chassis that I need to shorten and convert the lug pattern over to something useful - independant front suspension, rack and pinion steering, four wheel disc brakes, etc...

Sounds like you might know a little about these engines as well. I bought mine when I was 15 years old and drove it back and forth to high school quite a bit. I've wanted to hot rod that thing out for 13 years and its time to get it running again and enjoy her more than sitting in the barn since 2001.
Had a few. Most of them old MOPAR stuff. Sweet running motors. You could balance a nickle on edge with the motor running. I had a 1950 Club Coupe, that you could not hear running from the driver seat. Could not feel it either.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 09:26 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtack View Post
You could always post in the general discussion forum.

2006 F250 CC LB FX4 Lariat
ARP studs, SCT X3 IDP & Gearhead tuned, S&B CAI, straight pipe, FASS 150/180, FCDP solid uppipe, Dieselsite coolant filter
2.5" BTS leveling kit, 35" Xtreme A/T's on XD Hoss 18's, N-Fab prerunner bar w/ 3 9" Hellas
Pioneer double din, JL components, 3 10" Pioneer subs

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 09:28 PM
HRT Performance

You know there are non PSD projects in the projects area of this site - make a thread in there and see how it gets recieved.

2006 Dmax MPI compounds
2015 VW Jetta TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06powerstroke View Post
You could always post in the general discussion forum.
Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
You know there are non PSD projects in the projects area of this site - make a thread in there and see how it gets recieved.
Thanks, I would really like to get some suspension advice from somebody with a lot more experience with 4 links and ladder bars than I`ve got.

Matt

E99 F350 ECSB SRW 4x4 ZF6 3.73 Adrenaline HPOP, chip, tymar
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 03:04 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Might even try the suspension section? Whatever the case the Moderator's a pretty laid back here, if anything they'll just move it for you. Might get more visibility in the general talk area though?

2005 F-250
Tuning by-Gearhead Automotive & Innovative
Performance Truck Products

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode