Not allowed to post a classified add? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Not allowed to post a classified add?

For some reason I quit paying attention to the classifieds, ever since they were changed over to the new format or whatever it is now.....but anyways....

I just tried to post something for sale for the first time since the switch, and it told me I wasnt allowed to list anything because I have not been a member long enough?

Am I missing something?
Is there something I have to do to be "allowed" to post a classified?

I think I joined the site pretty close to the time it was started....

-Shawn Collister #16

-2002 F250 Crew/4x4/Auto- 4" Magnaflow, AIS, Vegistroke, ScanGauge, AC's tuned by Swamps

-2003 F450 Crew/4x4/Auto- 4" exhaust, Alcoas, Air ride, AIS, Garrett 38R, X-monitor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 01:02 AM
Laces Out

Re: Not allowed to post a classified add?

let me check. we made some changes recently to keep spammer out of the classifieds...

08' F250 4x4 w/ 3:55's
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 09:12 AM
PSN Newb

yea im having this same prob but ive posted my truck for sale a few weeks ago and sold it on here now i try and post some of the thing that came of my truck before i sold it and its sayin i havent been a member long enough whats goin on with this because if im not gona be able to post things for sale while im a memeber, why i will just delete my acount, i really dont want to do it b/c this forum have great info so please somebody let me know something

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 01:42 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben104 View Post
yea im having this same prob but ive posted my truck for sale a few weeks ago and sold it on here now i try and post some of the thing that came of my truck before i sold it and its sayin i havent been a member long enough whats goin on with this because if im not gona be able to post things for sale while im a memeber, why i will just delete my acount, i really dont want to do it b/c this forum have great info so please somebody let me know something
No need to get so hot man... As you can see this problem just happened...

1997 Ford F-250 Sleeper Edition
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 03:21 PM
40 lug nuts

Quote:
Geez, that's a heck of a first post.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 03:31 PM
All done now

Quote:

Somebody that knows something will be along soon. We were having issues with scammers joining the site to list in the classifieds and try to scam people. The Powers that be decided to change it to where you had to be a member for a certain period or a certain number of posts before you could list something in the classifieds. With this being your first post, you probably got mixed up in there.

BTW: I agree with the previous two posters.

Early '99 F350 DRW, Excab, LB. Auto. 2WD, 2010 bed, 2005 headlights, 298K, on my way to 1000K.
H2E, 238 Hybrids, Adrenaline oil, Tuned by Tony. DIY Regulated Return.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 03:34 PM
PSN Mega Miler

You have to have a few posts in order to post a classified. That was done to keep spammers out.

2002 F250 SuperDuty Lariat PSD 7.3 Crew Cab 4x4 302,000+ miles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Valvoline Extreme Blue 5w40 Synthetic,
, Clifford Matrix 50.5x Alarm

, P3 Brake Controller, Swamps Injectors, PHP Tunes

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 11:04 PM
oilfield trash

i am having the same prob. any idea how many posts you have to have before it will let you?

97 F350 cc lb 2wd 4" diy exhaust, diy intake, bully dog 6pos, ranch hand front and back
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 11:14 PM
ARMY bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowz View Post
You have to have a few posts in order to post a classified. That was done to keep spammers out.
That's a good idea.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 11:36 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbxcursion View Post
That's a good idea.
Another forum I am involved with requires that you have 30+ posts to use their classified section. They are considering making it 30+ and a week or two as some folks are coming on, reading the 30+ rule and then going around and post whoring it up.

2003 Excursion
6.0L
Swamps 58V FICM
Air Dog II Fuel pump
4" Lift
(Still waiting on meats and wheels to go under it)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode