Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Billet flexplate?

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Short Bus 
#1 ·
Is a billet flexplate needed for someone who is looking to turn 4000+ RPM, and 600+ now, possibly 800hp in the future?

#7 ·
Just pure stock on mine. All of the bolts were tight. As far as I can tell, I was the first person to touch it since it left the assembly plant.

It did seriously suck to have that ugly sound and no power to the rear wheels after just pulling into the left hand lane and stuffing my foot to the floor. Thought I had blown my motor. Almost caused three wrecks getting back to the right hand shoulder.

#8 ·
Can anyone shed light on how a stock truck can tear the center out of the flexplate and others can run 3 or times the torque and be fine?

Did they change them at some point? Is it time that does it?

I would swear it would have to be misaligned or have some serious torque applied.

That's nuts.

#9 ·
I have a feeling mine was cracked for a while. I had a little tiny vibration at certain speeds that I could not find the reason for. No telling what caused the crack. But the center section showed some old breaks and a small (about a 30º section) that looked like a brand new break. I was behind a guy in the next to left lane doing 45mph. Saw a break in the traffic coming, started rolling into it, changed lanes and hammered down at about 55. It broke right after I got in front of him.

I posted about it on here, when I called powerstrokeshop Bob already had it pulled and ready to ship. On replacement, my mysterious vibration was gone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.