LPOP HELP! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

LPOP HELP!

just did head studs and a few other things on my 03. Got it all back together drove it a couple miles then it died. Realized i had no high pressure oil so i pulled the ipr and it was full of metal. I then replaced that pump and put everything back together. I could not get any low pressure oil to the turbo so i pulled the front gear cover over and it looked fine. There was some scoring on the gear cover but i was under the influence these pumps were pretty much fool proof unless they cracked or exploded. It has a little play on the crank but i wasnt sure if that was enough to not build pressure. The regulator is clear and im getting no oil to the pump. I pulled the pan and the oil sump was clear. Im kinda at a loss and dont want to throw a pump on it if it isnt that. id appreciate any help! i just find it strange to have these problems right after the work was done but no sign of it before. I also strained the oil and found no debris.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode