Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

LPOP HELP!

849 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  bf2323 
#1 ·
just did head studs and a few other things on my 03. Got it all back together drove it a couple miles then it died. Realized i had no high pressure oil so i pulled the ipr and it was full of metal. I then replaced that pump and put everything back together. I could not get any low pressure oil to the turbo so i pulled the front gear cover over and it looked fine. There was some scoring on the gear cover but i was under the influence these pumps were pretty much fool proof unless they cracked or exploded. It has a little play on the crank but i wasnt sure if that was enough to not build pressure. The regulator is clear and im getting no oil to the pump. I pulled the pan and the oil sump was clear. Im kinda at a loss and dont want to throw a pump on it if it isnt that. id appreciate any help! i just find it strange to have these problems right after the work was done but no sign of it before. I also strained the oil and found no debris.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.