6.7 in an 05' Excursion - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 04:29 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

6.7 in an 05' Excursion

Im working on a special shop project, and have been searching high and low for any info yet can't find anything? Now Im wondering if its ever been done, and if so has anyone on here done it or has any insight on it working.. Or how intense would it b to swap the full drivetrain and suspension on this Freak build we have up our sleeves...??
ANY good info or insight would b greatly appreciated before we just go into this 1 blind!?

06' F-350 CC SB FX4 Lariat
studded, deleted, DD Reg. return, powermax stage 2, AFE CAI, MBRP 4" turbo back 5" tip, SCT Livewire, 300amp ALT, BPD Radiator, BPD 6 stage FICM, Banks HighRam elbow and charge pipe, blue spring, gauges and 175 (funny) reasons why Ur Chevy can't keep up!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 12:13 PM
Strokin all day

Re: 6.7 in an 05' Excursion

Never heard of anyone doing it. You'd need alot of fabricating.

Good luck I'd like to see this done

08 F350 Spartan tuned, egr delete, 5 in turbo back, no limit cai, ccv, cac pipe, bd 6.0 manifolds, bd up pipes, coolant filter.
3 vehicles in the scrap yard.
1 cummins sold to some boner next town over.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 08:30 PM
Former Ford Trans Engr.

You'll need a lot of fabricating. And that's the easy part. Getting the electronics to work is going to be a nightmare.

Mark
Former Ford Automatic Transmission Engineer

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Its deff goin to happen this year... Now I assume were talking fab work for motor, trans and Tcase mounts... Along with the front and rear axels & suspension components.....
Or HOPEFULLY jus the motor and trans parts...?? I haven't pick u the Excursion yet, but I will have it in shop by the end of the week!! So I haven't been able to put them side by side on the ground and u i the air yet... Thats why I was wondering if its even been done yet, or any1 on here has seen it 1st hand..?
But as this special project comes along I plan on doing a good build thread goin thru what all is being done step by step!!!?

I was hoping I wasn't going to b the test rat on this 1.... O

studded, deleted, DD Reg. return, powermax stage 2, AFE CAI, MBRP 4" turbo back 5" tip, SCT Livewire, 300amp ALT, BPD Radiator, BPD 6 stage FICM, Banks HighRam elbow and charge pipe, blue spring, gauges and 175 (funny) reasons why Ur Chevy can't keep up!!!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I have made uo my mind… I will b putting a 6.7l engine, drivetrain and full 350 suspension in an Excursion.. I want to take it to another level and get the locking rear diff as well!! Now I'm thinking I should be able to get away with getting a 2wd, even gasser Excursion at this point since its ALL being ripped out and swapped..!! I won't to kno any1 else's opinion on the idea of starting with a very basic excursion and making it into my vision I see…?? I also want to integrate the dash and interior of the later model Super Dutys in this build also….

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 07:40 AM
PSN Local

It has been done many times now. There are even a few high end builders that are building 6.7 excursions to sell. Most have put the excursion body on a newer chassis I think. I have also seen a video of a 6.7 swapped into an older 7.3 super duty. I want too put a 6.7 in an OBS but too many projects not enough time.

97 250 7.3 Eaton VMP TVS, IDI performance T4 mount, S369SXE, my B code 350/200- my tunes- honey badger SR, Efuel, 5" SKY RSK TTB, BMW M3 seats, Toyo M/T
54 GMC 453T
45 Chevy 451 diesel
51 Mack A51T
1916 Federal 1 1/2T
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedretard View Post
It has been done many times now. There are even a few high end builders that are building 6.7 excursions to sell. Most have put the excursion body on a newer chassis I think. I have also seen a video of a 6.7 swapped into an older 7.3 super duty. I want too put a 6.7 in an OBS but too many projects not enough time.
Unfortunately we won't b the first that did it then… But I can't seem 2 find ANYTHING on the inter web about any1 thats done this swap!!??

But Im using my 2000 2WD Excursion for it… We are jus starting to get everything together first so we I'm not left with my **** in my hands at a certain point!! Im jus really hoping that I can fit the whole 6.7 power/drivetrain and all the electronics in there..? Only thing I need as of now is the bracket kit for the front end conversion… I do plan on starting a build log on this 1 as soon as we pull the excursion body off her frame!! Hoping to have this build completed by end of july at latest!!??
Im also completely gutting the interior and redoing it to my likings and want to add in all the ammonites I can!!?
Deff want to intergrate a cooler in there somewhere…. iPad pro in the dash, and iPad mini mounts in back of each headrest, along with a complete repaint and custom 2 tone suede and leather inside..
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 02:38 PM

So the build thread I seen over on the org. He got a excursion and cut across the top of the roof in just behind the windshield and cut the floor pan right by the b pillar. Then cut the frame. Then get a 11+ truck and cut it the same. Then weld the 11+ front half to the excursion back half.

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift, 37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks intercooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Im strting ti think that cutting the front rnf off of the 6.7 donor, and the front end of the excursions will make my life lil bit easier and jus weld them together!? I figured its going to cut off a lot of time and man hours.. Plus it will already have all the needed mounts for engine and suspension already in the correct positions!?? Not to mention the electronics inside, to marry them with the excursion BCM is goin to B well... a task to say the least!!! lol
And all the other quirks and tricks included!!! I guess wee will b finding out real!!!???

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 03:44 AM
PSN Newb

Put a real 6.7 in it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode