Tips and tricks for a ZF5 swap in an OBS? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
<---F350 DRIFTER

Tips and tricks for a ZF5 swap in an OBS?

I have now gathered all of the parts..I hope. I am planning on starting on it the week of thanksgiving and for those that have done it is there anything that you can think of that made certain parts easier? Anything you wish you would have know and did when you did yours? For the most part it seems pretty straight foreward but any advice is welcome! Also anyone in Utah who would want a killer deal on a BTS tranny let me know!
Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSD. CC 4X4 195K, IDM mod, 6 Leaker IC, DP Tuner 6pos chip, WOP QSSB Turbo, kit by Carson Stauffer. Swamps 175/146's sticks, CNG kit 35mpg's on the diesel, E-fuel, Adrenaline and converted to a ZF5. RSK rolling on 35's. 4" straight pipe. 2011 f350 ccsb leveled on 35's, I can neither confirm nor deny that it is tuned and deleted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 09:01 AM
PSN Local

Re: Tips and tricks for a ZF5 swap in an OBS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwoodchopper View Post
OP
Swap is pretty easy. Only real suggestion is get a real tranny jack, not an ATV jack. I did the full swap in around two/three days in 0-degree weather, it shouldn't be too bad.

Get a solid flywheel, none of that dual mass bullcrap. Way better, lasts longer.

If your up-pipes need doing.. the tranny is gonna be out anyway...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode