Questions about a 91 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 05:07 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Questions about a 91

I have a 1991 f150 300 six and a 4 speed granny transmission. Im wanting to make a diesel hot rod truck. Single cab short bed ftw haha. Im wanting around the 500/800 mark and be able to drive daily...my version of dd may be different so ill explain. I want it to be reliable as in not a death trap but i will suffer drivability in my dd's. Im keeping a standard also. So i have a few questions. Either way the motor will get rebuilt btw. Could i get a 6.9 or 7.3 idi to reach my goal without dropping 30 grand into it or would i be better off with a 7.3 powerstroke? And i know with the idi's a parts truck would be all i need to swap it over but with a 7.3 powerstroke what extra conversion parys would i need? Or would a parts truck give me the conversion parts i need as well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 05:09 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: Questions about a 91

Oh and the frame will get boxed and a rear end upgrade will be in order as well. But my engine choice decides my transmission. Idi=zf5 ps=zf6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode