2000 v10 zf5 cummins swap questions - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

2000 v10 zf5 cummins swap questions

I have a bad v10 running out of time... i found a 12v fairly cheap and plan to tear it down and rebuild it. The engine had 2 cylinders melt down and a few bent pushrods, turbos junk as well... But my 12v experience is as low as it can be. Ive done some research but still feel like i need other peoples opinions on the best route. I dont know if i should run a zf6 since i already have a manual, or swap over to a 5r110... not sure what gear to run in the axles... not sure what parts to use for the internal rebuild, stock or aftermarket... if aftermarket from who? Ive tried to find build threads on some of the cummins sites and just copy them but there wasnt any i found that i feel would be my best option. Id like to have as much reliable/streetable power as i could without getting to carried away. any help or direction is greatly appreciated... i just dont want to start this build and screw my self in the process. Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: 2000 v10 zf5 cummins swap questions

Its a 1990 12v with a ve pump, but i plan to swap it out for a p pump if that matters

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode