'99 7.3 powerstroke going into a '56 C600 COE truck - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-16-2014, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

'99 7.3 powerstroke going into a '56 C600 COE truck

G'day all,

I have just purchased a 6 speed manual/stick 7.3 powerstroke (complete from fan to drive shaft, including wiring, dash etc) and am planning to install it in my '56 COE C600. Can anyone point me to do's and don'ts, things to know etc? Pinouts for the '99 F500 computer? I have a wiring guy here that does a lot of late model to old car conversions, but if someone's done it before, there's no point reinventing the wheel..!

Pic of the C600 here https://www.facebook.com/bosskraftre...type=3&theater

Cheers, Sean @ Bosskraft - Home
Sydney, Australia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-17-2014, 11:02 AM
PSN Local

Re: '99 7.3 powerstroke going into a '56 C600 COE truck

Hi Sean, I replied to your previous post from last year when you were first thinking about this project; glad to hear you're moving forward with it. If you recall from my reply, I was in the middle of swapping a 97 PSD into a 58 Chevy C60 and I've since finished that swap. The truck is a night and day difference over the old gas engine and a blast to drive now.

I made several videos during the swap that I hope will be helpful to others trying to do these swaps. The video below shows most of the details of the mods I needed to do to stuff the engine in there. I have a couple other videos out there too that cover other topics on the swap.

The biggest question I get is how I modified the wiring which isn't easily explained in writing. I have a complete 96 wiring harness in the shop now that I'm modifying for a fellow enthusiast and I'm making a video of that process so I can share it too. He's dropping a 96 PSD into a 71 Chevy C10.

Off topic: I make an efuel conversion kit for the first generation Powerstrokes and just sent my first international sale to Canberra Australia.

EnginePrepped - YouTube
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 04:49 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: '99 7.3 powerstroke going into a '56 C600 COE truck

G'day mate, thanks again for your previous reply. I must admit, I forgot what I had researched so far with this install, as I have been so busy with our restoration shop set up, but now I finally secured the donk for the C600, I can now pinpoint a direction with the wiring etc. I'd love to reconnect with you and see how you went with your beast. I will watch the video and come back to you.

Thanks again for the reply.

Cheers, Sean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode