am considering to do a swap in the near future and trying to get some info here, since i could not find a good write up for an OBS
My truck is a 96 F350 4-door dually. 2wd
here is what i am looking at :
DT360 mechanical Engine , with a Manual Transmission.
At the moment i am not sure about what type of Manual, but considering a Eaton RTO-610 , 10 speed Transmission, as this is the smaller version of the 10 speed. This would however depend on availability.
I do not want to keep my current ZF 5Speed.
any input on this?
here my questions:
- what are the best ways to physically mount the engine?
- how do you overcome electrical issues in regards to the dashboard?
- what is the impact on using a 10 speed or similar in regards to required body modifications?
- what kind of fuel milage could i expect on highway speed (70 to 75)
- if i find a 360 with a spicer, are there any issues using the spicer transmission (besides i like to have more than 5 gears?
thanks in advance