5.4 to 6.4 swap - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
they call me tater salad

5.4 to 6.4 swap

hey guys i bought a rollover 6.4 that im currently putting into a 03 f250 that had a 5.4, my question is ive got the engine in the bay but the 6.4 mounts are too tall the engine sits way higher that the hood and there is about four inches of clearance between the oil pan and the cross member, does any body know of mounts i can use?

08 white cclb 4" straight pipe into 8'mitre cut black stack,dpf delete,egr delete,arp studs,6" fabtech lift,metal mulisha wheels wrapped im 37" toyos,sct running extremex,kenwood double din running two ten inch type r through a m1000,homemade front and rear bumpers, beamers hids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 11:16 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: 5.4 to 6.4 swap

6.0 mounts same as 6.4 will bolt right to block and have same crankshaft center line

Fixing ford diesels since before they had turbochargers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
they call me tater salad

and they are shorter im guessing?

08 white cclb 4" straight pipe into 8'mitre cut black stack,dpf delete,egr delete,arp studs,6" fabtech lift,metal mulisha wheels wrapped im 37" toyos,sct running extremex,kenwood double din running two ten inch type r through a m1000,homemade front and rear bumpers, beamers hids

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 11:47 PM
PSN Veteran

6.0 mounts are totally different than 6.4.
When I mocked up my 6.4 in my 05 I puled the 6.0 the mounts bolted right to the 6.4 block and dropped it right into the 05 chassis fits just like 6 leaker. 03 is available with 6.0 simplest solution is use 03 6.0 motor mounts. just make sure to use correct 6.0 mounts for your chassis they are different 03-04 and 05+ bottom end is basically the same between 6.0 and 6.4 they use the same rear engine cover and lower oil pan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-28-2014, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
they call me tater salad

thanks thats awesome news! one other question, what did you do with the factory computer mount? on the 6.4 it mounts right in the firewall i was wondering if i should extend the wires and run it in the cab or not? and what about the heater box did you just keep it and plumb into it?

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-28-2014, 12:24 AM
PSN Veteran

Mine is a 2.6 sled truck I ditched the ac removed the evap core. heater hoses just ran bulk hose. kept the heat the truck has zf6 with sb triple disc , so it does not use tcm I swapped the 08 abs controller on to the 05 abs pump the 05+ truck have pcm hole in cowl panel so we just opened the hole up big enough for the 08 pcm. used stock 08 engine harness we made new harness from the old 6.0 pcm location to the 08 pcm for power ground and communication wires and a whole cluster f##k of wires for the anti theft and cluster ect... basically over laid the dash harness. Used the 6.0 battery cables and trays running electric fan 7.3 radiator & shroud we welded up the water outlets and IIRC used 6.0 radiator hoses. I have simi trailer full of powerstroke parts just dug trough the crap till found stuff that fit. mine is a single turbo manual cant imagine getting all the 6.4 stuff to work

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-28-2014, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
they call me tater salad

ya its gonna be tight i think im might leave the ac alone for the winter but will move the pcm inside the cab ive got a few parts trucks here so i should be able to make it work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode