Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2006 f250 12v fan question

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  rjustman 
#1 ·
what you guys using for a fan shroud?? i broke my shroud doing the conversion and havent needed one.. but living in phoenix arizona and it coming up on summer time really quick i figure i better get one quick.. stop and go traffic is all im worried about really or getting stuck in rush hour just stopped for long periods of time.. i have the mechanical 12v fan and would like to keep it.. is the factory 6.0 fan shroud ok?? destroked wants an arm and a leg for their shrouds..i dont hve the money right now to buy electric fans either.. im using destroked motor mounts...any help is appreciated

#2 ·
A factory 6.0 shroud will work fine. I take a round sanding wheel on a die grinder and put a half moon relief right in front of the oil fill cap (makes it easier to get a funnel into the fill tube.
The factory 6.0 shrouds come molded as 1 piece but they have a line across them about 1/3 of the way from the top. I always take a razor knife and cut the shroud into 2pieces along this line. There are provisions to reattach the two halves with 4 small screws. Doing this will allow removal of just the top piece of the fan shroud by simply removing the 4 screws. This makes life WAAAAAy easier if you need to access anything on the front of the engine for maintenance.

If this doesn't make sense, let me know and I can clarify

#3 ·
That's why I don't have a shroud..frustration kicked in and the one piece shroud turned into a 20 piece shroud...for these trucks being so "highly engineered" they do and put some funky stuff in funky places..but thanks for the help..now I need to find a good shroud..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.