2006 f250 12v fan question - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

2006 f250 12v fan question

what you guys using for a fan shroud?? i broke my shroud doing the conversion and havent needed one.. but living in phoenix arizona and it coming up on summer time really quick i figure i better get one quick.. stop and go traffic is all im worried about really or getting stuck in rush hour just stopped for long periods of time.. i have the mechanical 12v fan and would like to keep it.. is the factory 6.0 fan shroud ok?? destroked wants an arm and a leg for their shrouds..i dont hve the money right now to buy electric fans either.. im using destroked motor mounts...any help is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2014, 10:09 PM
PSN Local

Re: 2006 f250 12v fan question

A factory 6.0 shroud will work fine. I take a round sanding wheel on a die grinder and put a half moon relief right in front of the oil fill cap (makes it easier to get a funnel into the fill tube.
The factory 6.0 shrouds come molded as 1 piece but they have a line across them about 1/3 of the way from the top. I always take a razor knife and cut the shroud into 2pieces along this line. There are provisions to reattach the two halves with 4 small screws. Doing this will allow removal of just the top piece of the fan shroud by simply removing the 4 screws. This makes life WAAAAAy easier if you need to access anything on the front of the engine for maintenance.

If this doesn't make sense, let me know and I can clarify
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

That's why I don't have a shroud..frustration kicked in and the one piece shroud turned into a 20 piece shroud...for these trucks being so "highly engineered" they do and put some funky stuff in funky places..but thanks for the help..now I need to find a good shroud..

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 10:21 PM
Administrator

you did a 12v conversion but the 6.0 shroud pissed you off and you smashed it ?

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Yeah..the end of the conversion ..patience was no longer in my vocabulary..
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 12:46 AM
PSN Local

I've got em down to 6 days including rebuilding the 12 valve, and powdercoating all the parts myself.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 02:27 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Wasn't a bad swap..its the tuning etc..I've got quite a bit in my truck and I can't get it to run..mustang your on comp d right?? You seen any of my other posts on the motor??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode