Transmission option question - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 03:15 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Transmission option question

I asked for some input in my project thread (https://powerstrokenation.com/forums/...d.php?t=123429), but I thought I may get some more traffic about the specific transmission question here.

I need to make a educated transmission selection to bolt onto my donor 95' Powerstroke motor. I intend to use the truck for fire wood operations. The truck will also need to power a hydraulics for two winches, dump bed, and knuckle boom. The transmission will need to provide PTO power to the main hydraulic pump.

The road systems ill be encountering are steep and windy. I doubt this truck will ever see freeway operation. I expect top speeds to be 55.

I have a bell housing for a 6.9L IDI in the shed. I also have a Brown Lipe 18% three speed auxiliary transmission in the shed. I think I want to run a T19 transmission for a 6.9L IDI truck in front of the Brown Lipe and the full time transfer case behind everything. I want this to work because 18% under drive will be very handy for pulling the hills and mountains to my wood cutting spots. The underdrive and Tcase low will be very handy in tight spots one frequently finds themselves in when venturing down forest roads. the Will the IDI bell housing and the T19 work behind the Powerstroke motor?

The other option I have is a F-Superduty ZF5. I have one of these in the shed as well. With the length of the ZF5 i will not be able to run my brownie box.

Any ideas?

1996 F-350 4X4, Edge Tuner, DIY Tymar intake, Stancor mod, 4" lift, ISSPRO Guages, 3" DP, 4" DP back exhaust, 35x12.5x17 Procomp Extreme All-Terrains, Firestone Bags, Warn/Dodge 12,000 winch and Warn winch bumper.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode