Fummins wiring/starting problems - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Fummins wiring/starting problems

Hi I have a 95 f350 that had the 7.3 powerstroke originally in an I swapped a 97 12valve in with the destroked adapter plate and 6.0 starter and wired the fuel solenoid and I get no cranking when try to start. It's prolly something stupid I'm missing but if I cross the solenoid with a screwdriver on the passenger fender it turns over and the lever on the pump comes up. It hasn't started yet due to fuel issues and low battery's but I put a new solenoid on and same thing happens possible bad solenoid? Also there is no idm which shouldn't matter I believe an no chip in the PCM also no Wait to start light if that matters. Also my horn works with the key off but when I turn the key on there's no horn and it was a originally a automatic tranny I swapped a zf5 awhile ago an I have the neutral switch unplugged from the clutch pedal. Could my original auto wiring have something to do with this. I'm not sure what to do next my brain is picked threw. Any help would be great trying to get this done ASAP.

95 f350 4x4, intercooled, irate diesel s468 kit, race fuel system, south bend dual disc, adrenaline hpop, hybrid injectors, headstuds, pushrods, comp springs,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 05:27 PM
PSN Newb

Re: Fummins wiring/starting problems

you need to connect the crank wires together down at the plug for the neutral start switch that was on the automatic transmission if you haven't already done so. for the horn issue you may be missing a ground at the core support from the factory wire harness.

current project- 93 f350 cc dually 24v cummins 4wd shackle reversal e4od tugger np205 home made adapters compound turbos 5" exhaust stage 3 jammers edge juice w/att. bronco rear tank fass 150hd dodge towing mirrors
BUILT NOT BOUGHT
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: Fummins wiring/starting problems

Yup it was the clutch safety switch. I new it was gonna be something stupid I missed. And I forgot that I switched the PCM awhile back to a standard tranny. Thanks tho

95 f350 4x4, intercooled, irate diesel s468 kit, race fuel system, south bend dual disc, adrenaline hpop, hybrid injectors, headstuds, pushrods, comp springs,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode