93' Ford crew cab 24v cummins conversion - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

93' Ford crew cab 24v cummins conversion

Hi guy's I've followed several threads here over the years which inspired me to do my own build. I thought I would share my cummins conversion build with this forum. I have a full thread on the build over here http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/cu...-crew-cab.html
I did several things the hard way, made most of the custom parts myself and wound up redoing a few things as well. This build is the result of knowledge I have learned from many previous projects along with trying several things for the first time.
Here is the truck as it sit's today, still not done but very drivable and is driven often!!!

This is what I started with.

It was a 7.3 idi with the E4OD and two wheel drive, spray painted black!
A list of things I have done to it so far.
2001 24v cummins
100 hp nozzles
Rebuilt injection pump, not my choice.
Head gasket and ARP studs.
S475 and HY35 compound turbo kit built by me.
Edge Juice w/Attitude.
2005 dodge intercooler.
Full 5" exhaust with muffler.
5" Air cleaner/ intake.
Remote oil filter kit.
Dodge compressor for a/c, new evaporator and condenser. Complete and working, I made the hoses.
Rebuilt ford 3g alternator that came with the truck.
FASS 150hd fuel pump.
Drive pressure, compressor to compressor and final boost gauges.
Adaptor plate for E4OD made by me out of 1/2" plate.
Full rebuilt E4OD done twice by me, I had bad parts and one set of clutches did not get aligned correctly during initial assembly.
8 Quart Derale pan.
Custom adaptor/ extension to allow the use of a married NP205 behind the E4OD with clearance for the c/v joint.
Dual mount cross member.
Spin on filter for transmission and external coolers.
I started with the OEM TCM for the transmission but got tired of the wrong shift points and poor line pressures. I finally bought a PCS and wish I would have done it to start with, the truck is so much better now.
Resealed transfer case, installed new yokes for upgraded drive shafts.
Rebuilt/re-tubed front shaft.
Rebuilt/re-tubed two piece rear shaft from F450 with 1410 joints also done by me.
Converted to four wheel drive with king pin dana 60 and home made shackle reversal kit.
Swapped gears in both axles to 3.54, added posi to rear axle.
Traction bars and all new shocks.
All new brake lines and hoses.
Super duty hydro boost.
Wow that's just a overview of the drive train and I am sure I forgot a few things. This does not include any of the many mods I have done to the rest of the truck Here is a shot of the underhood shortly after I started driving it, the wiring is much cleaner now I just don't have a current picture of it.

current project- 93 f350 cc dually 24v cummins 4wd shackle reversal e4od tugger np205 home made adapters compound turbos 5" exhaust stage 3 jammers edge juice w/att. bronco rear tank fass 150hd dodge towing mirrors
BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 07:10 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: 93' Ford crew cab 24v cummins conversion

looks cool man, just need to work on cleaning up all them wires. does it clean up well or is she a smokey hoe?

95 f250 ECLB,silver/purple 199k FFD 350/200s, arps, comp 910 shimmed, BTS ZF delete, glowshift EGT,Boost,trans temp,6" aussies,6637, 6.oh IC,dual sd elec fuel. irate T4, S475/96,136k 97 motor. Twin termies

Plans: twin turbs, crowers and fresh rebuild.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2013, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks man!
I have actually added wiring and other components under the hood since that picture was taken but I have also cleaned up the wiring as I have gone. As for the smoke it cleans up really fast with the compounds. I can get it to smoke pretty good if I lug it with the programmer maxed out. I save that for idiots in Prius' as much as possible.

current project- 93 f350 cc dually 24v cummins 4wd shackle reversal e4od tugger np205 home made adapters compound turbos 5" exhaust stage 3 jammers edge juice w/att. bronco rear tank fass 150hd dodge towing mirrors
BUILT NOT BOUGHT

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 06:39 PM
PSN Local

this truck looks good no matter what forum its on! Wish I lived near you, I'm still having issues with the pcs.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

What's going on with your PCS? I don't think you ever sent the file for me to look at.

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 12:26 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny499 View Post

What's going on with your PCS? I don't think you ever sent the file for me to look at.
i sent you a pm to not fill up your thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode