ZF6 Conversion "Hopefully" please help!!! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

ZF6 Conversion "Hopefully" please help!!!

ok guys its another zf6 thread, I have a 2000 7.3 that I love with all my heart that truck is my baby and there are two problems.(both are personal preference) 1. it doesn't have cab lights, that problem will be solved in a few weeks when I install some recon's on it. 2. Its a auto . now I know a lot of people will say "sell it, buy a 6 speed". Well I've had this truck since 2004 and I don't want another truck I want my truck. I've done all the maintenance on it and it and I know how my truck has been taken care of.I have had this truck for +100,000 miles and have had no horror stories from it.

That being said I really want to do a ZF6 swap in the next 6 months. I have dove ZF6's before and I love them.
Who can I talk to in order to find the parts?
Will my truck function like a ZF6 from the factory?
What's it going to cost me? Roughly
Does anybody know of a shop or business that does these swaps? If so who? I would be willing to pay a legit business to do it if it would look and drive like a zf6 truck from the factory.

Thanks for any and all info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 01:44 AM
PSN Newb

Re: ZF6 Conversion "Hopefully" please help!!!

Well talk about support!!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 02:17 AM
whistle tits

Its probably gonna cost you what a bts auto 4r100 would, minus the reliability and warranty

1997 F350 SRW CCLB 7.3 ZF5 4x4

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 11:40 AM
PSN Local

Cost, It depends on if you buy a reman or new zf6 or used one, it should be more reliable and last longer then a auto. ids say a good clutch is over $1000, trans could be up to $2500 if new or reman, misc parts could be about $1000 driveshafts, transfercase input shaft, slave cyl, floor hump etc etc.. roughly $4000 depending on parts and labor.
Thanks,
Deo

2000 Excursion XLT 4x4, 12V, 6 spd
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 EB Excursion 4x4, rebuild 6.0L, Studs, BPD HD Oil Cooler, 58v FICM, Coolant Bypass, 155/30, Adrenaline HPOP, Wicked Wheel, Ported and Deleted Intake Manifold, Reg. Return, Sump, A1000

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 11:52 AM
whistle tits

Quote:
Originally Posted by therabbittree View Post
Cost, It depends on if you buy a reman or new zf6 or used one, it should be more reliable and last longer then a auto. ids say a good clutch is over $1000, trans could be up to $2500 if new or reman, misc parts could be about $1000 driveshafts, transfercase input shaft, slave cyl, floor hump etc etc.. roughly $4000 depending on parts and labor.
Thanks,
Deo
Exactly my point. You can get a bts for a few hundred more, and have a lifetime warranty.

1997 F350 SRW CCLB 7.3 ZF5 4x4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode