transfer case swap. auto esof to manual - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

transfer case swap. auto esof to manual

Well, I found out that my transfer case on my e99 7.3 auto is not engaging when i flip the switch from 2hi to 4hi or 4low. We checked the fuse, relay, connector, and even took the switch out of my buddies truck(which we know works)and swapped into mine. So i figure its the shift motor. Being that i would rather have the manual floor shift t-case, thats what im gonna swap in. I know that i already have the hole in the trans hump. Just have to pull the carpet up, remove the plate, and cut the hole in the carpet. What i need is a parts list. I know i need of course, the t-case(nv271), shift lever and knob, shifter boots. But what other parts? I think i remember reading that i needed some bracket off the transmission and some large nut or bolt. What else do i need?

E99 ferd f250 Supercab. 6" superlift, 05 grill, headlights, bumper. TS Performance chip. Braided HPOP oil lines. 4"exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: transfer case swap. auto esof to manual

Anybody? Is this the right section or should it be in the transmission or drivetrain section?

E99 ferd f250 Supercab. 6" superlift, 05 grill, headlights, bumper. TS Performance chip. Braided HPOP oil lines. 4"exhaust.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 04:32 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightnin View Post
Anybody? Is this the right section or should it be in the transmission or drivetrain section?
Youve got it. The shifter pivot mount is bolted to the trans. Get that piece, which most would consider part of the shifter, and you should have what you need.

24v cummins swap into a superduty here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks. Im about to start hunting for the parts.should be pretty simple to swap out. And give me some peice of mind that when i need 4x4 i will have it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode