Call me crazy... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 03:41 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Call me crazy...

Well I love reading stuff that people have done with motors and what they have put them in and I love the 7.3 and I have a 66 mustang....now before you all blow a gasket it's just talk.....for now... But anyways I love the 7.3 And off and on I think of how awesome it would be in a muscle car. But let's get real the 7.3 is really heavy and I'm sure could be put in a mustang but it would be a pain and wicked modifications would have to be made. Now as I said I love to read and stumbled on the old 4bt cummins motor and people have put those in jeeps broncos,you name it. Now I've never change a motor. As change it from a stock motor to a bigger motor. My plans for my car was a 289 or 302. But I don't know. Gas just doesn't do it for me. The 4bt weighs around 760 I think I read some where. I currently have the 4 lug front and rear ends,drum brakes. Those would all be changed with heavy duty stuff of course and disk brakes. Just wondering if this would be possible to "drop" a 4 cylinder in it and what modifications would need to be made. I want something unique! This wont happen for a long time if ever. Just something to talk and think about. Thanks

Black truck. 350/200 S472sxe arp, beehives, pushrods, fuel lab pump, stealth twins, swamps idm. Dana60 with ox locker. 33 row dorman transmission cooler. BTS transmission. 20x12 mo970 305/55 toyo open country.

2011 f350 36xxx 20x12ís -44 leveled.

White. 230,xxx 1995 f250 Dana 60, 5inch diamond eye. 6637. Winter/work truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 01:51 AM
PSN Local

Re: Call me crazy...

look up the 4bt powered 69 camaro, its been done and if you handy with metal its not that big a deal, i was going to put a duramax in my 69 coronet if you think thats crazy.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 02:06 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Re: Call me crazy...

I did see that car on YouTube,7 seconds on a 1/8. Now a duramax in a 69 coronet would be awesome. I gotta research more and see engine diameters and such

Black truck. 350/200 S472sxe arp, beehives, pushrods, fuel lab pump, stealth twins, swamps idm. Dana60 with ox locker. 33 row dorman transmission cooler. BTS transmission. 20x12 mo970 305/55 toyo open country.

2011 f350 36xxx 20x12ís -44 leveled.

White. 230,xxx 1995 f250 Dana 60, 5inch diamond eye. 6637. Winter/work truck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode