2006 f250, ZF6, 12v in the process - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

2006 f250, ZF6, 12v in the process

well after many many many..... i mean many mind changes in this cummins swap ive finally found what i am going to do.. i started out with wanting and having everything to do a 6.7 allison 6 speed swap into my 2006 F250, but money got tight because life brought a few changes.. but its gotten me to where i am now..

im ditching the 5r in favor of a ZF6 that i pretty much stole from a local who didnt know what he had.. its only got 80,000 miles on it and i got everything from the PCM to the interior carpet, pedals, slave, everything everything.. for $1000

to go with the zf i found Mr. Ashley Black is building me a 12v to supply the power.. balanced rotating assembly, fly cut pistons, haisley machine cam (not sure of the specs), 5x.014 injectors, ht60 over a hx40 hybrid..

ive already sourced people to build all the hoses, drivelines etc.. to make this thing as close to factory build as possible..

problem im having now is that im kind of in a bit of a disagreement with a friend who has recently completed a 12v swap into a 99 on the twin set up.. i have both an industrial manifold and a stock 12v manifold.. which one would be easier or more user friendly for this particular build, he said my only option in the industrial but ive been looking on every forum i can find and everyone seems to use the stock 12v??

also im going to be using my ADII of of my last dmax which has the quick disconnects.. i had black get rid of the factory lift pump.. does anyone know if they make a quick connect or fitting to hook the ADII directly up to the p7100.. or what the thread size is?? and what pressure should i be sending to the pump, my pump now is set to 8psi i believe..

i have pics but do not have a photobucket or anything so as soon as i get that figured out i will be posting up as many pics as yall can stand.. thanks again for any help or insight, and a HUGE thanks to everyone who has sold me parts or purchased parts from me to help me make this happen.. itll be a slow process but in the end im hoping for a nice clean set up that i can be proud of..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 01:05 AM
PSN Newb

Re: 2006 f250, ZF6, 12v in the process

Only one question, why did you go from a Duramax to a power stroke?

1994.5 XLT ECLB Reman factory injectors, Rebuilt ZF5, LUK Clutch and single flywheel conversion. STOCK and looking to change!

Totaled 7/24/14 600hp 04 LB7 CCSB with some goodies

Jesus loves YOU, have you asked Him to be your savior yet?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Re: 2006 f250, ZF6, 12v in the process

Just to do a swap..its wasn't a power stroke for long..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode