E4OD to ZF5 conversion - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

E4OD to ZF5 conversion

Hey guys, I've been reading on this site for the last 5 or 6 months now and 3 months ago I made my mind up and decided to convert this truck I had bought over to a 5 speed.

I bought a 97 F350 CC dually 2wd auto 304k and the transmission would only go in reverse. Great deal for $1500 I thinks, it ran ok and all when I went to get it other than they kinda duped me and had it up and running before I got there, but they were just covering up the bad glow plugs which were a easy and not too expensive fix ($200 or less) and that included the valve cover gasket and wiring.

Another member on here was selling a conversion kit, and and I went for it.
I did my swap in the winter so this whole deal took me about 2 1/2 months to finish, money had alot to do with a good deal of it. When I was putting the transmission in, it was snowing and I need to mention I did this outside and by myself up until I needed help pushing the trans up to the bell housing, I did atleast have a concrete floor.

I have a complete write up at http://www.tyrantx.com/article_read.asp?item=13
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2974.JPG (441.9 KB, 5 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode