48RE Relay Wiring --> Fummins HELP! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
07 Fummins

Question 48RE Relay Wiring --> Fummins HELP!

Does anyone have the wiring info for the relay for 12v power to #1 pin on the trans. solenoid connector on the 48RE?

I just re-pinned the 05 harness in my Fummins in order to use EFI Live. The truck has been converted and running the 05 CR and 48RE for 50K miles. After re-pining harness the truck fired immediately...but no 12v from the relay output going to the T16 circuit YL/OR wire. The result is 3rd gear starts.

Relay was not touched other than the T515 YL/DB which was moved on the C2 connector. The relay was wired with battery, GY/RD 12v switched coming from C130 connecor, the T515 YL/DB from ECM and the T16 YL/OR as the output to trans control 8 way plug.

Not sure what is going on but with the 07 ECM swapped in and running the only way I could get 12v to the T16 circuit was to remove old relay and install another using battery power, ground, 12v switched and tying the T515 YL/DB and the T16 YL/OR output wires together. I now get the output to the T16 circuit and the ECM can read the voltage on the T515 was the theory. Drove truck for over an hour (on 07 ECM and EFI Live tune) and everything seemed as it should be.

I am not sure this is correct, and really unsure how it worked before and not after? I thought I read somewhere that the T515 YL/DB got tied in with another wire so that was what I tried.

Any help from those using the 48RE in this manner (no PCS standalone) would be appreciated.

Last edited by crsteffens; 12-17-2012 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Content
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 10:03 PM
PSN Newb

Re: 48RE Relay Wiring --> Fummins HELP!

This is a little bit off track but I picked up my signal to the trans relay from the key start circuit. How did you get on with your speedo and VSS to the ECM and keep your speedo working [that's if it is working].

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode