Fummins Intercooler - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Fummins Intercooler

I have started a cummins project on my 2001 F-350 V-10 and was wondering what intercooler and radiator I should use. Will 6.0 parts fit in the 2001 or do I need the 99 to 03 7.3L parts? Are there any brackets or mounts I need to get with it to mount up? I assume the V-10 radiator is too small?
Also what do you figure a well maintained V-10 motor and 4R100 with 100K are worth if I can find a buyer?

2000 PSD crew 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 10:04 PM
PSN Local

Re: Fummins Intercooler

You can use a 7.3 or 6.0 radiator and a 7.3 or 6.0 intercooler or a combination of both. Get a 2005 up cummins engine side shroud, cummins fan and clutch and the shroud adapter for the combo from Destroked. Perfect fit! WITH THE DESTROKED ENGINE MOUNTS. If you use the autoworld mounts the engine is off center and the cooling package fitment is poor IMO.

I used a 6.0 rad., Diesel innovations 7.3 intercooler.

Keep in mind that if you are buying off the shelf parts everything you pick will effect another part. I battled this, but I have a Perfect fitting combination now.

Stick with Destroked and GOS or make your own parts.

What Cummins and what trans?

Early '99, 7.3/4R to Cummins 6.7/ZF6 CONVERSION, AIR LOCKERS, 4:11, 35", '05 HARLEY FRONT , TRAIL READY W/WARN.

6.7/ZF6 SWAP. IT'S ALIVE 11-13-12
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I have a P-7100 12 Valve motor and NV4500 that Im planning on mounting to the NP273. So does 6.0 parts have any greater performance or capacity than the 7.3? Are the mounting points the same both ways and I simply bolt them in the V-10 truck?
Also I will need to get a clutch pedal assembly, Ive heard its as easy to just buy factory new? And does it bolt next to the brake pedal assembly, or is it one pieice?

2000 PSD crew 4x4

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 04:53 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitshot View Post
I have a P-7100 12 Valve motor and NV4500 that Im planning on mounting to the NP273. So does 6.0 parts have any greater performance or capacity than the 7.3? Are the mounting points the same both ways and I simply bolt them in the V-10 truck?
Also I will need to get a clutch pedal assembly, Ive heard its as easy to just buy factory new? And does it bolt next to the brake pedal assembly, or is it one pieice?
The 6.0 intercooler and radiator are taller than the 7.3 and have a greater cooling capacity. They both have the same mounting points, but the 6.0 uses different upper mounting brackets up top which are easy to get. The 6.0 intercooler can interfere with 7.3/v10 trans cooler lines, but you'll be removing them anyway.

You can get the clutch pedal/bracket assy from Ford for about $160. It is a complete unit that bolts right to exising holes in the firewall, you just have to remove the current plastic plug. It is an easier install if you remove the PCM. The assy. will have no relationship with the brake pedal. in the way it mounts.

Early '99, 7.3/4R to Cummins 6.7/ZF6 CONVERSION, AIR LOCKERS, 4:11, 35", '05 HARLEY FRONT , TRAIL READY W/WARN.

6.7/ZF6 SWAP. IT'S ALIVE 11-13-12

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode