Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Adam's Polishes Fall Detailing Seminar

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Tom S 
#1 ·
What: Adam's Polishes Fall Detailing Seminar

Topic: Get detailing tips from the founder of Adam's, including how to eliminate swirl marks and spider web scratches, how to effectively use a clay bar, interior detailing, and how to prepare a vehicle for the winter. Bring your vehicle, preferably clean, to the event, and we will address the surface conditions, and demonstrate a product to solve the issue!

When: Saturday Sept 27, 2008

Schedule: 7:30 am Setup, Breakfast on site at Tamale Kitchen, and wash vehicles

9:30 am until Noon Demonstrations and vehicle detailing

All brands, all fuels, and all types of vehicles are welcome!

PLEASE POST IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND!

Check out Adam’s products at http://www.adamspolishes.com/default.aspx?

See less See more
#2 ·
Who will be attending? This is the list as of this morning:

Tim Bicknell PSD

Matt Zav A4

Tim Schleiger PSD

Adam Pitale PSD

Tom S PSD

Lisa S Ford

Kirk B PSD

Adam's Polishes A Team Detail Crew

#4 ·
Look's like we will have lots of trucks at this event.
Listed below are the current participants:

Tim Bicknell PSD
Matt Zav A4
Tim Schleiger PSD
Adam Pitale PSD
Tom S PSD
Lisa S Ford
Kirk B PSD
Adam's Polishes A Team Detail Crew
Slayer PSD
Alan B PSD
Shay B PSD
Slayer PSD
Bandit67 PSD
Duke1N PSD
Dzacco PSN
2008F450

#5 ·
I just spoke with Adam, he will have a number of drawings and free gifts during the seminar next Saturday.

kb

#6 ·
Very good Kirk. Now if we can just get one of those beautiful fall days like we have been having lately we should be all set.

Tom

#8 ·
My truck looks better now than it ever has since it rolled off the lot, actually better than new. Great products and learned a lot about taking care of my paint. I had a lot of water spots on my paint and glass. Spotless now. Thanks Adam. Hope you enjoyed the ride lol. Check out his stuff folks its quality

#9 ·
Yeah, Adam was commenting on how your truck gets loose at a pretty high MPH. Thanks for the ride that was fun.

Tom

#10 ·
Went out yesterday not knowing what to expect. Thought maybe we'd watch Adam do some demonstrations on a vehicle and not much else.

Wasn't quite prepared for what went down. Adam had all of us thoroughly detail our vehicles. It was a lot of work, but I was very impressed with how Adam ran everything. He showed all of us both in a group setting and individually on our own vehicles how to use the various products. My truck is pretty much a work truck, and has been showing its age. It hasn't been well taken care of, as far as washing, polishing, waxing, etc. in the last 4 years.

But it is looking pretty awesome since getting a full blown detailing. I've used a lot of different products on a lot of different cars over the years, and had pretty well settled on Meguiars products quite some time ago. But no one from Meguiars has ever taken time to show me proper detailing teqniques on any of my vehicles, and frankly, I don't think their polishes are quite as good as Adam's. My tired old truck's exterior doesn't look so tired and old any more - my daughter walked into the garage yesterday afternoon and said "daddy, your truck looks brand new!". I honestly never thought I could get it looking so good after all the years of cosmetic abuse.

As for Adam himself, he is a guy that loves to make vehicles look great, was extremely enthusiastic, and wanted every vehicle to leave looking great. He spent the entire day working on everyone's vehicles showing proper detailing tecniques and sharing his own elbow grease. I would have expected him to stand around "managing", rather than sweating alongside all of us.

Seeing what years of neglect can do to a vehicle's finish has shown me just how important taking care of the finish is if you plan on keeping a vehicle for a long time. And Adam's products are high enough quality to help fight those years of neglect and help keep your vehicle looking good. My wife's care is going to get the full treatment before winter, and when our new "toy" arrives within the next couple of years, it will definitely start it's life being treated with Adam's products.

Here's a pic of my '01 work truck with 102,000 miles - not too shabby for a truck that sits outside most of it's life and doesn't get a thorough washing but a couple of times a year. It's going to get more care from here on out, as that's a lot cheaper than a new paint job. I didn't think it had that look left in it - no show truck by any means, but it looks better than it has in a long, long time.

Attachments

#11 ·
The truck looks great in that shot. Nice reflection on the hood.

Tom

#12 ·
I took a shot of mine before it got too much dust on it ;) I really like the Detail Spray and V.R.T Vinyl, Rubber, & Tire Dressing. It doesn't have that heavy dust collecting oilly residue that a lot of stuff does. Good stuff people if you like keeping your truck looking good. I did the clay bar and then the machine polish. Paint looks better than new now.

#13 ·
The truck looks great Mike.

Tom

#14 ·
Photo's from Adam's Polishes Fall Seminar in Denver

Kevin & Carol Veltrie were on hand selling product and providing solutions. carcareofcolorado@comcast.net

Adam demonstrates machine polishing.

This GTO arrived dirty, neglected, with lots of swirl marks, and no shine. This is the type of results everyone got at the seminar. You may even recognize Lisa S in the shine!

Wax ON, wax OFF!

TomS, LisaS, and DZACCO getting started.

Ed R putting finishing touches on his work truck.

DZACCO hard at work.

Ed's truck upon completion.

Adam's products also work on NON Ford trucks, like "Ferd Killa".

#15 ·
Great pics Kirk. Mike looks pretty tame in that shot. I was amazed how well the metal polish worked on the fuel cell.

Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.