I just nailed some awesome mpg numbers.. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I just nailed some awesome mpg numbers..

95 f-350 standard cab longbox 4x4, long highway trip, kept it at 60 mph on the way out, 35-40 half of the way back due to conditions, 60 mph on the rest of the way home. i just bought the truck and it was bone stock when i bought it, i have kept track of the milage since the purchase, and the mpg on every tank as well as the milage on the truck when mods where installed..

here are the numbers-

1st tank, STOCK-98,367, 183.5 miles, 13 gallons,14.1 mpg, rear tank, front tank full, mix of city/freeway/idling in morning ect.

2nd tank, 98,545, 178.2 miles, 12 gallons, 14.85 mpg, 4'' mbrp exhaust installed at 98,378 and 6637 filter at 98,482.

3rd tank, 98,857, 312 miles, __ gallons, __ mpg, fron tank..(havent filled the tank yet)

4th tank, 99,103, 246 miles, 12.8 gallons, 19.2 mpg, rear tank..

this was done with a rust-free box for my truck flipped upside down on top of my box w/ cut down 2x4's in the stake pockets that extended into both beds and ratchet straps holding it down..and i got 66 more miles out of the front tank on the way out, cant wait to run the numbers!! i cant believe i hit 19.2!!!

83 Ranger 2wd, 2.2 perkins 4cyl diesel, 4sp-all stock
95 F-350 4X4, 7.3, auto, reg cab longbox- 4'' MBRP exhaust, 6637 intake, T-500, intercooler, gauges, fluidamper, FS-2500, swamp's modded idm, '03SD seats and more to come...

**WANTED** 4spd transmission for a diesel ranger with 2.2 perkins diesel..pm me if you have one..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 09:41 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: I just nailed some awesome mpg numbers..

thats pretty good for this time of year, I've hit 19 a few times but not with winter fuel and colder temps. Plus I'm running my front end locked in until spring because I need 4x4 to get up my driveway daily. right now I'm averaging 16 with warm ups and the front end locked in.

1997 f250 4x4 sclb, auto, 3.55's, 191k, diy intake w 6637, ccv mod, pyro, boost, trans gauges, 3" dp to 4" single exh. super chips for now. scangauge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
Besides there is absolutely no way to idiot proof something, since they are always coming out with better idiots by the day

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode