13 mpg! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Question 13 mpg!

i have a 99 1/2 iv change the oil put a new fuel filter in it and air filter and my tire pressure is good the only thing else is ball joints they are flat out gone it looks like iv got and independent front end could that be my promble its a 1 ton ext cab short bed 4x4 i figured the truck being so small it would at least get 18 but i was way off.

1999 ford super duty ex cab short bed 4x4 dp-tuner f-5 lomp mod,80 econ,100,120 race,140 aggresive 4inch exaust to 6-inch tip non-wastegated housing upgrade from bts di-performance crossover line di-performance fuel tank mixing delete autometer gauges boost,trans,pyro custom made cold air intake.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Freedom is not free

Re: 13 mpg!

Did you try cleaning the EBP sensor & tube? Sometime a clogged tube can result in crappy fuel milage. Here's the link:

http://guzzle.rbmicro.com/ebps.html

But I'm not sure the edge will help with fuel mileage like a custom chip does...

2003 F250, Wildman tunes, Faubion trns, Swamps 175/146 SS,van turbo/WW, DI Intercooler, oilguard bypass, intank & pre-pump, reg return, Firestone air bags, Bilsteins, 350 HP/692 TQ
2000 Excursion- Pwrd by: T Wildman 6 pos chip, CT Performance Suspension, Riffraff Diesel Performance, J&M Tranny, 4" MBRP, 6637 filter, intank/prepump mods
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 01:42 PM

Re: 13 mpg!

When my truck was stock I got 13 mpg unloaded and 11 towing around
11-13K of horse trailer. Somewhere in the middle of all of these mods I was able to get 16.5 mpg unloaded and 13 towing. Now I get around 14 all of the time. It doesn't matter weather I am loaded or not. When I am not loaded I drive pretty fast, freeway around 70-75. One of these days I will try and get my foot out of it and see what I can get. But then again I love to frive so may not get my foot out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode