This setup just gets better! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
<--before leveler & block

This setup just gets better!

Well every morning i start my truck and let it warm up for about 5-7 minutes and since i got the new injectors i have railed on the truck a few times just because of the fun in the new found power i have . Through all of that and about 50/50 town and highway driving i just averaged 19.3mpg hand calculated. Overhead console says 18.3mpg. This is with 285's also. And speedo is reading about 1mph slow.

2000 7.3 F-250 4x4 CC/SB Lariat 6-speed, 2.5" leveler and F350 block, Swamps 200/30% injectors, Swamps tunes, GTP-38R, Valair: kevlar/ceramic clutch, 4inch exhaust, AFE stage 2,
DFA-regulated return, pre-pump mods, Isspro boost and pyro, scan gauge, ~420hp and 836tq
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 03:49 PM
PSN Local

Re: This setup just gets better!

Did you adjust you mileage calculation for the speedo being off?

If not, your numbers will be lower.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

I thought my mileage would be higher? Speedo/odo are telling me im going less than i actually am.

2000 7.3 F-250 4x4 CC/SB Lariat 6-speed, 2.5" leveler and F350 block, Swamps 200/30% injectors, Swamps tunes, GTP-38R, Valair: kevlar/ceramic clutch, 4inch exhaust, AFE stage 2,
DFA-regulated return, pre-pump mods, Isspro boost and pyro, scan gauge, ~420hp and 836tq
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 07:26 PM
PSN Veteran

1 mph slow is not exactly a huge dif. Most speedo can be off that much.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

no its not much of a difference at all.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 04:16 AM
PSN Veteran

Your mileage seems about right. Its good but not to the point you should be looking for something skewing it. A number of guys have pulled down 20 with 238/80 and 35"s. Granted they were driving with a light foot but still it shows what can be done and good tuning helps dramatically once you are chipped. Even chipped my overhead is off about .5 -.75 mpg. It just flipped how it was off from before the chip. The only time it gets off is if I am hitting really hard a good amount of the time but drive normal and its very close and more important consistent. Some tuners screw with TP and some do not. When I want 1/4 throttle I want to press the pedal 1/4.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Tp isn't an extremely huge deal dor me. At least it wasn't on my old superduty with the automatic. But it sure is nice to have a smooth pedal with a manual!

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 05:33 AM
<--501cc,should b 540 : /

Almost 20mpg, My ATV hardly does that well in 2wd without a stoplight in sight

Early '99 ccsb 7.3l 4x4 6spd
All Stock Except
Air tank rear bumper
Brush guard w/ fog and driving lights
seat covers
after market floor mats
Fancy Halogen headlight bulbs
Rear license plate light is out

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikclaw View Post
Those hairy bastards are scary up close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak4life View Post
with all the smoke, power and wheelie popping you might accidently park on a honda
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011, 03:12 AM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARM View Post
Your mileage seems about right. Its good but not to the point you should be looking for something skewing it. A number of guys have pulled down 20 with 238/80 and 35"s. Granted they were driving with a light foot but still it shows what can be done and good tuning helps dramatically once you are chipped. Even chipped my overhead is off about .5 -.75 mpg. It just flipped how it was off from before the chip. The only time it gets off is if I am hitting really hard a good amount of the time but drive normal and its very close and more important consistent. Some tuners screw with TP and some do not. When I want 1/4 throttle I want to press the pedal 1/4.
So with my late 99 with the zf6, having to press the throttle down like 1/4 of the way to even notice an RPM movement is not right?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode