strictly mileage tuner? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

strictly mileage tuner?

hey all. Im planning on getting an Innovative tuned SCT, down the road. But I was wondering if there was a recommended tuner out there that is lower cost, and is designed to improve mileage. I know tuners can give these diesels a real edge on fuel economy. I drive around town mostly, and would like to see some improvement.

thanks!

Also, my truck is stock, so I was hoping I get a tuner that would compliment my stock setup...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 F250 CCSB FX4 Lariat
GlowShift Tinted gauges, Recon Clear Cab Lights, Diamond Eye Duals, SRL Files, 2.5" rize leveling kit, F350 Rear Blocks, PHP Tuned FICM, Retro Solution 6K HID's, DieselSite Coolant Filter...

2011 Oxford White SuperCrew EcoBoost FX2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 02:55 AM
Diffrent Strokes

Re: strictly mileage tuner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06-sixoh View Post
hey all. Im planning on getting an Innovative tuned SCT, down the road. But I was wondering if there was a recommended tuner out there that is lower cost, and is designed to improve mileage. I know tuners can give these diesels a real edge on fuel economy. I drive around town mostly, and would like to see some improvement.

thanks!

Also, my truck is stock, so I was hoping I get a tuner that would compliment my stock setup...
You may look at Power Hungry Performances web site. I have a 2006 f-250 and I get 11mpg in town and 13.5 on the highway. Im just waiting on work to pick up so I can get some extra money to send my FICM in.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I did a little more looking into tuners and progammers, and all the tuners add around 100 hp in the economy tune. Im thinking, I might as well start building my truck the way I want, and get the SCT.

BTW, Im getting 13-14 around town, but I have seen as much as 22-23 on the freeway. But I average around 17-18 on the freeway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 F250 CCSB FX4 Lariat
GlowShift Tinted gauges, Recon Clear Cab Lights, Diamond Eye Duals, SRL Files, 2.5" rize leveling kit, F350 Rear Blocks, PHP Tuned FICM, Retro Solution 6K HID's, DieselSite Coolant Filter...

2011 Oxford White SuperCrew EcoBoost FX2

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 02:58 PM
MPG Moderator

You might contact Swamp Donkey. He did two pretty good ones for me. Whether they work for you...probably depends on you.

2000 F-350 SC 4x2 6 speed
3.08 gears Gear Vendor Overdrive
Slammed 4"
Rugged Air Dam
315,000 miles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode