Wtf?! Howwww can this be? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
<----Nice headlights!!!

Wtf?! Howwww can this be?

My gf has been driving my truck since sunday as I have been doing work on the van at night and she needs to be able to get around. Sunday I filled the truck up and she has gone to work everyday which is 8miles there, 8miles back. To the store a couple times, here, there, all totaling up to 268 miles. THings is she told me she needs to get fuel. I said 'Why'? She said "well the light thingy came on!" So we put thirty gallons in and that is about 9 mpg...

Last tank before that I avg twelve but pulled a 16,000lb trailer for about 100 miles so twelve was good. I even had a sticky hub the last three weeks! Now she drives it and this happens. I even asked her if she let it idle for extended intervals. She is saying no. She just called me and said she has gone 64 miles and is about at 3/4 tank.

WTF is going on. Where do I begin? Fuel filter was changed 120 miles ago. Oil hasnt been changed for three months but only has 1500 miles on the service. Tire Pressure?

2000 F250 4x4 cc/sb. 6" w/37's and some other stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
<----Nice headlights!!!

Re: Wtf?! Howwww can this be?

My trans cooler is leaking but I check the fluid and I havent needed to add any. Fuel injectors going out?

post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 11:26 PM
PSN Local

gf out drag racin lol

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 11:27 PM
Scab

She is out blowing smoke and picking up dudes. Detune the truck and bet she will tell you something is wrong with it.

ADAM

2004 ECSB
1997 CCLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDPlayer View Post
NASCAR ditched all the 7.3L response vehicles cause they couldn't get out to the accident scene fast enough. When lives matter, HP wins.
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
<----Nice headlights!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006nytro View Post
gf out drag racin lol
I wish! THat'd be hot! No she doesnt like it cuz its big and smelly. She said she likes to ride in it but doesnt feel sure parking and maneuvering it. Ive never seen her go over 55 in it. She beats the hell out of the Lincoln LS but is gentle on our minivan and my truck.

Anybody ever had an abrupt change in fuel economy? I wonder if its the MT tires on the highway? They have 30lbs air in them. I bought them a couple months ago and have yet to really use them over 45 mph. Its been mostly offroad use this year and it seemed like it was sipping fuel.

post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
<----Nice headlights!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin6-0 View Post
She is out blowing smoke and picking up dudes. Detune the truck and bet she will tell you something is wrong with it.
Until they see my kids in the backseat of the truck!

post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 11:34 PM
Scab

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
I wish! THat'd be hot! No she doesnt like it cuz its big and smelly. She said she likes to ride in it but doesnt feel sure parking and maneuvering it. Ive never seen her go over 55 in it. She beats the hell out of the Lincoln LS but is gentle on our minivan and my truck.

Anybody ever had an abrupt change in fuel economy? I wonder if its the MT tires on the highway? They have 30lbs air in them. I bought them a couple months ago and have yet to really use them over 45 mph. Its been mostly offroad use this year and it seemed like it was sipping fuel.
That could be your problem. Why do you have the pressure set so low?

ADAM

2004 ECSB
1997 CCLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDPlayer View Post
NASCAR ditched all the 7.3L response vehicles cause they couldn't get out to the accident scene fast enough. When lives matter, HP wins.
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 11:47 PM
My other twin turbo...

When I slap on the mudders here for winter, I drop an easy 1.5-2 mpg. They are stock size and I KEEP my fronts at 65psi and rear 55 year around.
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 11:48 PM
(520)465-7971

My money is on driver error.... Only thing that needs changed or replaced is the foot over the pedal.
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 11:49 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post

thats a huge problem.... they should have atleast 50psi in them.

02 f250

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode