MPG capabilities of the 7.3L - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By tjctransport
  • 1 Post By Sbluke55

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

MPG capabilities of the 7.3L

Greetings, my name is Thaddeus and I am pleased to meet you all.

In short I will be purchasing a 99-02 F250 crew cab 7.3L in the near future as my brother has a 99 and I love it.

So I joined this forum to ask you pro's for recommendations for the best possible fuel economy.

I am a calm non-aggresive driver who sticks to cruise control and 68mph. I commute 124 miles a day. I run good tires (summers or winters NO all-seasons) change my oils and filters regularly and take good care of my vehicles.

However considering the 7.3L and going from a car to a truck I know Ill be buying a bit more fuel, hopefully not to much if I can help it which is why I am here.

So I am smart enough to consider aerodynamics, so a smooth bed-cap and no external extras. Plus as I said good tires and filters

But I would like to know if their are some really good solid starting places to consider like injectors, modules, turbos, transmissions running gears, aerodynamics on top and/or under... etc. etc. to turn one of these trucks into a smooth running fuel efficient piece of equipment.

My intended purpose is to purchase one, invest in it and make it a long term commuter as I have seen a few of these engines go 1 million miles.

I am very curious to what you pro's and experienced owners have done for fuel efficiency

Thanks for reading this
Thaddeus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 02:11 PM
alleged moderator

Re: MPG capabilities of the 7.3L

welcome to the forums.
62 miles one way on mostly highways, cruise set and no aggressive driving should see you in the high teens.
Thaddeus likes this.

tom
owner of almost to many fords.

If you want the moral high ground, make sure you're not standing on a hill of horsecrap.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 02:59 PM

Re: MPG capabilities of the 7.3L

@Dave Whitmer check this guys thread out. He has done tons of testing. His truck can get up to 28 mpg
Thaddeus likes this.

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift, 37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks intercooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode