Where can I buy decent Biodiesel in TX? Did the EPA screw this up as well? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Junior Mint

Where can I buy decent Biodiesel in TX? Did the EPA screw this up as well?

Basically for the last couple of years I was able to buy B20 at the Shell 'signature' stations which are common in TX. Probably 8 of them in Austin alone.

For some time now I have not been able to purchase any Biodiesel. The websites that list biodiesel sources all appear to be out of date as well. It appears that the EPA had a hand in getting Bio removed from the stations due to a slight increase in one particular tailpipe pollutant but I don't know the details.

What to do?

My truck LOVED that stuff as it smoked less and sounded notably smoother on the B20.

Any info on sources and/ or updates on availability would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 04:44 PM
West Bound and Down

Re: Where can I buy decent Biodiesel in TX? Did the EPA screw this up as well?

Subscribing: I've run into the same issue, Suns.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Life is tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid. -John Wayne

post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 05:37 PM
PSN nerd

theres a place in DFW that has it, dont yall have the wille bio d at the truck stops?

yeah EPA has fooked this up alot.....they still cant figure out the nitrogen and co2 that there getting outta the bio d is just what the plants absorbed growing. i agree my trucks are much happier on a mix of biod.

Biodiesel.org - For Sale

DFW biod is supposed to be top quality there equipment is supposed to be fully automated, centrifuge the crap and water out....i wanna get another 1000gal tank and have them deliver it. we used to get it in stephenville one of the wholesalers always had it but didnt have enough people buying to keep it. cant convince some people at all.

97 F250SC 4X4 4 LINKED ON AIR <- FOR SALE!!!!!!

00 F350CC 4x4 I NEED A FLATBED FOR IT!!!!! LET ME KNOW IF YALL KNOW ANYBODY THAT HAS ONE

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Aint going anywhere fast

Subscribing aswell...I don't think Houston has any

1985 Ford F250 XLT
6.9 IDI
C6
Just bought it!

2003 Harley Davidson EG
True duals, Tuner I love it!!!

2012 Nissan 370Z

2008 Chevy LMM Dmax----sold
2007 Ford F-150----Sold
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 05:41 PM
FNG

Suns if you cant find Bio D dump 1 cup SVO in with your fuel. It will lube the injectors very nicely

Dave G

06 F250 Lariat 4x4 leveled on 35s

4 inch flowmaster exhaust
Bulletproof diesel egr delete.
Bulletproof diesel FICM
Performance Machine & Manufacturing Coolant Filter Kit

ECM and FICM tuned by Bill at PHP SCT tunes from Gearhead, Innovative and Wildman
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 05:46 PM
West Bound and Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE View Post
theres a place in DFW that has it, dont yall have the wille bio d at the truck stops?

yeah EPA has fooked this up alot.....they still cant figure out the nitrogen and co2 that there getting outta the bio d is just what the plants absorbed growing. i agree my trucks are much happier on a mix of biod.

Biodiesel.org - For Sale

DFW biod is supposed to be top quality there equipment is supposed to be fully automated, centrifuge the crap and water out....i wanna get another 1000gal tank and have them deliver it. we used to get it in stephenville one of the wholesalers always had it but didnt have enough people buying to keep it. cant convince some people at all.
Jake,

Thanks for the info. I may have to run out to DFW BIO and check it out. The problem with the map (as Suns stated) is that it's out of date. The station in Keller doesn't carry it anymore, and I don't think they have for over 6 months.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Hater Club

The truck stop at 170/35W used to sale b20 and they still have the stickers out. I spoke with the fuel delivery guy last month and he said that he hasn't delivered any bio or bio blends all year. I dunno..

Porch Monkey. It's cool, I'm taking it back.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 05:53 PM
PSN Veteran

houstonbiodiesel.com

there is a place off of 290 and 362 I heard of Ineed to go and check them out!
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 05:59 PM
PSN nerd

i know my truck smoked a whole lot less on it. the nitrogen oxide goes up just a little with bio based fuel thats why they are crapping all over it. loosers.

97 F250SC 4X4 4 LINKED ON AIR <- FOR SALE!!!!!!

00 F350CC 4x4 I NEED A FLATBED FOR IT!!!!! LET ME KNOW IF YALL KNOW ANYBODY THAT HAS ONE

post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIFORD3 View Post
houstonbiodiesel.com

there is a place off of 290 and 362 I heard of Ineed to go and check them out!

Is this the guy that was distributing the stuff out of his boat storage facility? Nice guy, good product, and a great price for B99 if so (like $.90 LESS than #2).

Unfortunately he is closed on weekends which is the only time that me and the truck pass thru that area and even then that is a rare occurence.

The Bio-Willie place up on I-35 outside Waco (Hillsboro I think) is no longer selling Bio either.

The number of responses to this thread in such a short time make it clear that I'm not the only one that misses this product being available.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode