fuel price BS - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-27-2007, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
Starting Over

fuel price BS

SO gas drops 10-15 cents and diesel goes up 10-15 cents all within one week.Typical PMO crap.

2.97 reg gas
2.95 diesel

I pumped some B20 the other day but pac pride don't tell you there prices till you get the bill and they are always 10 cents higher then local pump prices.There is no local Bio and I had to go across the border to get it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-27-2007, 03:15 PM
MPG Moderator

Re: fuel price BS

That Law of Supply and Demand thing just will not be denied.

Thirty years ago the US had 40% reserve refining capcity. Today we have to import refined product just like crude. When the government forces old refineries to close and will not allow building new ones or expansion of existing ones, less supply is the natural result. Less supply + more demand = higher prices. It always works that way.

2000 F-350 SC 4x2 6 speed
3.08 gears Gear Vendor Overdrive
Slammed 4"
Rugged Air Dam
315,000 miles
post #3 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-27-2007, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Starting Over

Yep figured that just venting.Wonder how that happen would love to buy into the oil industry about 5 yrs ago.

post #4 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Don't EFN worry about it

Well it just sucks that diesel is the first cut to make and it is costing us out the ass. I have a big truck and am dreading filling up both tanks here in a few weeks. Truck has dual 150 gallon tanks, Oh well gotta spend it to make it.

97 crew cab shorty-4x4 Lots of mods .
Tuned by T Wildman
post #5 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-28-2007, 09:55 PM
PursuitInterceptor

I can drive around locally and find diesel selling for such different prices it doesn't make sense at all. Some higher, some lower...it doesn't make sense (cents).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #6 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 02:09 AM
Don't EFN worry about it

I paid 2.79 today then got on the freeway and saw it for 2.67 I was pissed to say the least.

Tuned by T Wildman
post #7 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 02:30 AM
Laces Out

still confused about oil company profits being over 10 bilion....??? thanks george w.....

08' F250 4x4 w/ 3:55's
post #8 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 02:31 AM
Don't EFN worry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrpowr View Post
still confused about oil company profits being over 10 bilion....??? thanks george w.....
YEP!

Tuned by T Wildman
post #9 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 11:20 AM
The Unseen Mod

Send a message via AIM to RescueF250

Shoot back home in Virginia Diesel is 2.63 and gas is still in the 2.90's thank god.

03 Rescue is Dead

08 Rescue - No Limit Fab, MPD, Rescue Diesel, Barder Turbo, Fuel Lab, H&S products.
post #10 of 111 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 06:20 PM
MPG Moderator

The oddities and often rapid changes in price are completely in line with a system that has no reserve. Every little upset causes tight supply and price spikes.

This situation has been brewing for exactly thirty years. In 1977, an environmental regulation called New Source Review was implemented by the EPA. I can even give you the regulatory cite - 40 CFR 52.21. If you have severe insomnia, call me and I'll explain it, but the way it has been applied has served to completely halt energy infrastructure and heavy industrial development in its tracks every since 1977.

Think about this: From the time Col. Drake hit oil in Titusville, PA in1857 until 1977, there was at least one refinery built (often scores) in every decade. Through the Civil War, the Indian wars, the Spanish-American War, world War I and World War II Korea and Vietnam. the oil industry kept adding capacity and modernizing refinerys. Refineries were built during the "Panics" and "Depressions" of the late 1800s and there were even a few refineries built during the Great Depression. The Great Depression, for pete's sake...do times get harder? but they still built refineries. But New Source Review trumped all of that. New Source Review made it illegal as a practical matter to build a new profitable refinery or expand anexisting refinery. Other programs caused about a third of the refineries existing in the US to be closed down.

Further, since 1977, the population and the GDP and energy use in the US have increased substantially in those thirty years. An industry that had 40% reserve now have negative reserve. The US now imports refined product as well as crude oil. Given that fact there is no reserve and demand continues to go up, it is surprising the prices are as low and as stable as they are.

BTW, New Source Review is largely responsible for a lot of US industry going offshore. No new base load power plants, integrated steel mills, chemical plants or plastics plants have been built since that accursed year.

2000 F-350 SC 4x2 6 speed
3.08 gears Gear Vendor Overdrive
Slammed 4"
Rugged Air Dam
315,000 miles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode