Custom tuning mpg improvement... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Junior Mint

Custom tuning mpg improvement...

Well my mpg has sucked (I punned!) for several years now even when I tried to slow it down. Due to a turbo that was rarely boosted when I needed it to, poor shift points, a low stall speed TC, 20" rims w/ big tires, and poor programming.

It would still do OK on the rare highway trip but for the most part when I was stuck in town (which is every tank for me) it got about 11 mpg. My mpg is VERY consistent btw. It doesn't even vary by .5mpg from tank to tank. I think my Harpoon mod inside the tank is part of the reason for that.

Jody came in town and custom tuned my rig and I absolutely BEAT on it during the testing phase. I mean full throttle after full throttle run up to 100 mph. Checked the mpg (after just 1/2 a tank) and I had picked up 2mpg driving it like that.

I suspect that during normal driving I have picked up closer to 5 mpg which % wise is a lot.

I'll report back when I have more info but since I only use the truck for play that might take a while.

I'm officially...Stroke-less.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 04:17 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Custom tuning mpg improvement...

dang 11 is horible, im getting 19 just normal driving round town mixed with country road driving.

2000 f250 ECSB Dually 4.10s 305/70/16, 4x4 7.3 zf6 200k miles
Php hydra chip PHP tuned! 4" exhaust, stock turbo(ww2, turbomaster wastage actuator, gutted ebpv), FRX, 160/30 sticks SB 1939-CB single clutch, home brew water setup for when i'm pulling hay through the mountains.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode