another 2 stoke question- why not run opti blend summer, it is cheaper and better? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

another 2 stoke question- why not run opti blend summer, it is cheaper and better?

I am not sure if it is actually better. But what about this study?
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=177728

I would like to add something for the injectors and possibly get the side benefit of quieter operation. It appears the opti blend has better lubricity and is considerably cheaper. But you do have to mail order it. What did everyone think of this study and the amount of 2 cycle oil used? Thanks

2002 f-350 PSD, 4x4, cc short bed, 6spd, ccv mod, airdog, AIS filter, isspro ev and scangauges, detroit TT, ITP boost annihalator, ITP RR, bellowed up-pipes, ats housing, turbomaster, 3.5 dp magnaflow, very happy with ultra smooth and linear PHP 50t, 80DD and "whisper" tunes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 08:55 PM
PSN Mega Miler

Re: another 2 stoke question- why not run opti blend summer, it is cheaper and better

The 2 stroke stuff does quiet the injectors down a bunch. 1 oz per gallon seems to be the recommended amount.

Plus its readily available. Thats the big plus to 2 stroke oil.

2002 F250 SuperDuty Lariat PSD 7.3 Crew Cab 4x4 302,000+ miles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Valvoline Extreme Blue 5w40 Synthetic,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Clifford Matrix 50.5x Alarm

, P3 Brake Controller, Swamps Injectors, PHP Tunes

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 11:25 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: another 2 stoke question- why not run opti blend summer, it is cheaper and better

i've been using 1 oz/gal supertech 2 stroke oil for over a year. It def makes the engine quieter. I did see about a 1.5 mpg jump too, but not everyone sees that.

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 01:11 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesdale View Post
I am not sure if it is actually better. But what about this study?
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=177728

I would like to add something for the injectors and possibly get the side benefit of quieter operation. It appears the opti blend has better lubricity and is considerably cheaper. But you do have to mail order it. What did everyone think of this study and the amount of 2 cycle oil used? Thanks
I used the Opti summer blend, and even the winter blend last winter, in my E350. I can't really report noticing any differences in anything.

Dave
2005 E350 6.0PSD
2003 Excursion Limited 4WD 7.3PSD - Sold
1996 E350SD dually 7.3PSD - Gone!

2002 VW Jetta TDI - stock
2007 Escape Hybrid
1999 Kaw KLR650 - 17/42 gearing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode