What chip setting for best MPG - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

What chip setting for best MPG

I have 2000 psd F250 4x4 with the edge with attuide and the evolution. When I run empty I run the evo in tow and the attuide on 3. Towing 10K I run the same. I know alot of you guys are running the Dp but I am looking at settings for all chips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 01:56 AM

Re: What chip setting for best MPG

Ideally the best MPG will come from the setting with the most timing, and highest injection pressure.

That would naturally be your "hottest" tune. There exceptions however to this, if you have the cruise set and the hottest tune stabs at the throttle when you come to a hill and you see a slight puff of smoke, there went all the MPG gains you attained by using that setting.

If I am empty cruising on the interstate in relatively flat terrain, I will use my race or extreme setting, if it is a highway or more hilly on the interstate, I will use my 80 econo tune.

The 80 is the best all around for MPG.

Towing is another exception to running the higher tunes for mpg, towing I usually get the best in my tow setting, or 80.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 05:04 AM
utah get me two

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshman View Post
I have 2000 psd F250 4x4 with the edge with attuide and the evolution. When I run empty I run the evo in tow and the attuide on 3. Towing 10K I run the same. I know alot of you guys are running the Dp but I am looking at settings for all chips.

the more time spent here the more you will want, dp

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2001 f250 4x4 cc sb 6 in lift...dp 6 pos..

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 06:00 AM
Transfer Student from TDS

"Gregrob"So your saying if you run your hottest setting or close to your hottest setting and grandpa drive the truck you should have better mileage than your economy tune? Im running DP's older chip.

Early 99-F250 Quad Cab LB 4x4 - Banks 3.5" exhaust, fuel tank mods, Tricumulator Spings, Pyro Gauge, Banks Big Head, Tru-cool, AirDog.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4racing View Post
"Gregrob"So your saying if you run your hottest setting or close to your hottest setting and grandpa drive the truck you should have better mileage than your economy tune? Im running DP's older chip.
Yes, you should notice a little difference.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 06:18 AM
Transfer Student from TDS

Well then I gonna give that a try, thats if I dont get power hungry. I think my 100 setting would be a good start, instead of my 120.

Early 99-F250 Quad Cab LB 4x4 - Banks 3.5" exhaust, fuel tank mods, Tricumulator Spings, Pyro Gauge, Banks Big Head, Tru-cool, AirDog.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. I bought the edge stuff before I found the diesel sites and now want the DP chip but cant justify buying it because I dont think much power will be gained over the 2 I have. Thanks For the imput
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 10:56 PM
Don't EFN worry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshman View Post
Thanks. I bought the edge stuff before I found the diesel sites and now want the DP chip but cant justify buying it because I dont think much power will be gained over the 2 I have. Thanks For the imput

Are you serious? Damn do you realize that the edge stuff is generic? I will say this because I have owned both an edge,and a superchips then I saw the light. I do have a 7.3 but all I will tell you is that you are leaving alot on the table . Get a chip from D.P. and it will be night and day. I too was a non-believer.

97 crew cab shorty-4x4 Lots of mods .
Tuned by T Wildman
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

I was under the impression that with my staked edge stuff I wouldn't gain much. Now if I had an auto it would be alot differnt.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 02:10 AM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to slowleak

dude you dont know what your missing out on. i was the same way. them i got some DI tunes....wow is all i could say.

2005 F350 prairie tan/black crew cab FX4 innovative tunes, exhaust

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PMRCM#1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode