cng injection - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-15-2008, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

cng injection

Has anyone seen or tried the cng (compressed natural gas) systems yet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wink Fab - cnc machining and fabrication
2008 f250 4x4 bone stock and ready to mod/repair
97 f350 4x4 410 gears 37 BFG, 4" exhaust, dyi, tw chip,
IDM mod, .427 sonnex valve, rsk w/sd springs, grease able 4x4 lever,Rosewood stage 2, T-500 hpop,1.0 ex housing
These trucks are like crack, you just can't leave it alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 02:49 AM
PSN Local

Re: cng injection

can the power stroke be "changed over " to run on compressed natual gas alone,
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 01:36 PM
PSN nerd

a psd can be converted to run on MOSTLY nat gas or propane you still have to use some diesel to get the fire started but the amount of diesel consumed is greatly reduced its about $5k for the kits that are available on the commercial market i was seriously considering doing it but i just dont drive enough to make it ever pan out money wise but the clean burnin would be nice oil stays clean dang near forever and the way the nat gas is runnin around here it can be had pretty cheap. the other thing thats stopping me is i would have to setup a fueling station for my truck somewhere in town since i dont have natural gas at home, but ive had friends say i could get another meter set at there place in town and setup the fueling station there. the other nice thing with our trucks being electronically controlled we can turn the cng off and go back to running diesel only so if you cant get cng somewhere your not sol

97 F250SC 4X4 4 LINKED ON AIR <- FOR SALE!!!!!!

00 F350CC 4x4 I NEED A FLATBED FOR IT!!!!! LET ME KNOW IF YALL KNOW ANYBODY THAT HAS ONE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Why is the kit so expensive?

Wink Fab - cnc machining and fabrication
2008 f250 4x4 bone stock and ready to mod/repair
97 f350 4x4 410 gears 37 BFG, 4" exhaust, dyi, tw chip,
IDM mod, .427 sonnex valve, rsk w/sd springs, grease able 4x4 lever,Rosewood stage 2, T-500 hpop,1.0 ex housing
These trucks are like crack, you just can't leave it alone.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 10:57 PM
PSN nerd

theres quite a bit that goes into there kits since you have to meter the amount of cng and control how much is going into the motor theres alot more pieces and parts plus that included the tank.

heres one i have found id imagine it would be a whole lot less since theres not much to this one

http://www.delucafuelproducts.com/

the one from the company in florida that i cant seem to find my bookmark for now was a computer controlled system it would only put the amount of cng needed as per your foot it seemed like a much more reliable and more thought through system

97 F250SC 4X4 4 LINKED ON AIR <- FOR SALE!!!!!!

00 F350CC 4x4 I NEED A FLATBED FOR IT!!!!! LET ME KNOW IF YALL KNOW ANYBODY THAT HAS ONE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode