propane???? anybody runnin it? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
PSN nerd

propane???? anybody runnin it?

anybody runnin a bit of propane for a mileage shot? ive been thinkin about it again. ive been looking at buyin a car for better mileage but i only drive about 15000 miles back and forth to work i cant buy a latemodel car and have a payment and insurance for less than the differnce of the fuel i would like to try to get to 20mpg gonna fab me up a DW airdam soon plus with the air ride i can run the truck down the road a bit lower.

97 F250SC 4X4 4 LINKED ON AIR <- FOR SALE!!!!!!

00 F350CC 4x4 I NEED A FLATBED FOR IT!!!!! LET ME KNOW IF YALL KNOW ANYBODY THAT HAS ONE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 04:32 AM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via AIM to slowleak
Re: propane???? anybody runnin it?

i run propane...

2005 F350 prairie tan/black crew cab FX4 innovative tunes, exhaust

PMRCM#1
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 04:38 AM Thread Starter
PSN nerd

finally pics!! i bet that looks sick with a bunch of smoke rollin too!

wouldnt they have to be pointed backwards to get some more hp outta them??? lol

00 F350CC 4x4 I NEED A FLATBED FOR IT!!!!! LET ME KNOW IF YALL KNOW ANYBODY THAT HAS ONE

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 04:41 AM Thread Starter
PSN nerd

lol well i should ran the math, to get any gain in total mpg and spent on fuel i would have to get 4mpg gain and that would just cover the propane and not the system lol

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 04:46 AM
PSN Veteran

dont sound like its worth it then.

oh and the smoke burns up when they are lit

PMRCM#1
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 06:04 AM
PSN Local

propane is no good for mpg gain horsepower gain of about 20-60 depending on current mods

and slowleak did u light those ? and how are u running a gas feed ?

Sleeping Beauty early 99 F-350 stage 2 intake, 4in exhaust, DP tuner, 180cc injectors, 17 degree hpop and BTS transmission.

Kappa Sig
Prudential Gary Greene Realtor
Twitter: @realtorrickey
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 01:44 PM
PSN Veteran

that info is classified

PMRCM#1
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 05:08 PM
OBS junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowleak View Post
that info is classified
It's all company secrets.....

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 06:51 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE View Post
anybody runnin a bit of propane for a mileage shot? ive been thinkin about it again. ive been looking at buyin a car for better mileage but i only drive about 15000 miles back and forth to work i cant buy a latemodel car and have a payment and insurance for less than the differnce of the fuel i would like to try to get to 20mpg gonna fab me up a DW airdam soon plus with the air ride i can run the truck down the road a bit lower.
Go to page 3 of this MPG forumn,then look at the thread "new propane data"

99.5 F-350 SRW 6 speed mods:PHP live tuned., MSD propane system, snow water injection,DDP stage 1 injectors,AFE stage II air intake,ITP boost regulater,3.5 turbo back exaust,FASS fuel system. Gulf Coast oil bypass filtration, ITP reg. return, HPX oil line , GTP 38r with 1.15,EBPV delete. 430,000 miles,Adrenaline HPOP
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 04:48 PM
PSN Local

Hey Cantrellc123 i really couldn't understand too much of you data. It seemed like it wasn't worth it. Am i right? Jake how did you calculate the 4mpg difference? I guess it depends at what price you can get propane and #2

99.5 F250 2wd 6Speed: DP Tuner, Straight Pipe, DIY Tymar, 203 Thermostat. Spec Focus Hauler!!

23.5 MPG (HIGHWAY)
17.5 MPG (City)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode